Nomad auto valve body

Submitted: Tuesday, Apr 24, 2012 at 06:49
ThreadID: 95102 Views:5565 Replies:2 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Hi all just wondering if any one has any experience with Wholesales Automatics Nomad valve body for automatic transmission . We tow are large caravan 3 ton and i,am wondering if this modification would help as i feel the auto is rather slow to change when towing & maybe also help cooling as oil is moving more freely . We have a 2005 diesel land cruiser with are 5 speed auto. thanks swampy
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Tony V (NSW) - Tuesday, Apr 24, 2012 at 09:57

Tuesday, Apr 24, 2012 at 09:57
Peter & dawn,

Re-valving the automatic transmission for better or quicker "lock up" and changing the shift patterns is often talked about and recommended on the LCOOL forum.

This stops the constant down shift.
The main suggestion is:

Unless on the flat use 4th gear not 5th as 5th is overdrive and causes gear hunting.
Switch on the power button to facilitate higher rev changes and quicker kick downs.

Although the gearbox is "sealed for life" some recommend that the box be serviced and the oil changed between 120,000 and 170,000 kms if used for towing.

It has also been suggested that although there is a transmission cooler built into the bottom of the radiator, that a secondary cooler be installed when towing more that 3 tonne.

Good luck.

AnswerID: 483993

Follow Up By: Member - peter & dawn m (QLD) - Tuesday, Apr 24, 2012 at 14:24

Tuesday, Apr 24, 2012 at 14:24
thank Tony we have are cooler in front of radiator already ,will take on board . the sugestion about the power switch also having 120,000 km service done shortly& as i am having the auto oil changed i am looking at having this work done + will be having auto oil temp gauge fitted as well. swampy
FollowupID: 759277

Reply By: hamo - Tuesday, Apr 24, 2012 at 14:37

Tuesday, Apr 24, 2012 at 14:37
I had wholesale fit up all of thier stuff to my trans. 80 series 1hdft, auto.
Made my trans run hotter & the trans fiuld was black after 6000ks.
I was charged $500 for them to fix the problem. & they will not tell me what was wrong with it.
My trans is now leaking fliud out the front & rear seals & has to be removed agian.
I upgraded the trans cooler's aswell.
Here's a link to my trans cooler upgrade. (makes for some good reading)
http://www.offroad80s.com/auto-trans-cooler-build-t8527.html
They wont be touching my trans agian
Hamo
AnswerID: 484020

Sponsored Links