L300 Carburetor addjust idle

Submitted: Monday, Jan 05, 2004 at 16:22
ThreadID: 9512 Views:3163 Replies:1 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
My recently rebuilt carburetor on an old 83 L300 has stopped idling completely(stalls when no acceleration). I will of course be taking it back to the guy that did it, but I thought that I would adjust the idle myself first so i could drive it. I am perplexed with how to do it on this vehicle!
Normally it's done with a screw driver at the base, but this model does not seem to have an obvious method that I can see.
For those who know is this done via the rear of the carby?

Cheers in advance
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Eric Experience. - Monday, Jan 05, 2004 at 22:40

Monday, Jan 05, 2004 at 22:40
Wizzard.
There are 3 adjustments for idle on a L300. one for cold start speed, one for choke off piont and one for hot idle speed. Not many mechanics take the time to lean how to adjust them correctly, the gasket between the carby and the manifold is critical on the L300 it must be new each time because there are vaccum passages on the carby base. The simplest way for you to get the idle up is to move the cable outer on the rocker cover. Eric.
AnswerID: 41875

Follow Up By: wizzard - Tuesday, Jan 06, 2004 at 19:20

Tuesday, Jan 06, 2004 at 19:20
Thanks for that information Eric, the Idle Synoid that had previously been glued into the bakerlite had blown or torn itself out. All was apples once she was put back in.
Cheers again Eric... Clint
FollowupID: 304415

Sponsored Links