Trip entertainment

Submitted: Wednesday, Apr 25, 2012 at 11:08
ThreadID: 95134 Views:1799 Replies:1 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Just a little something to make your trips a little different for kids or ramp it up for adults. Great when you have more than one vehicle travelliing. A bit like a car rally. The points add up at the end of the trip. Winner gets a prize of sorts. The idea is that you have one sheet a day and fill in as many questions as possible by asking others if you can, stopping at libraries, internet. etc. You still have a chance to answer the previous days questions because the adding up comes at the end of the trip. Great conversation makers. I like to make it challenging as well.

Day 1 Trivia - This sounds amazing but it is true. The temperature at which the egg is kept determines the sex of the baby crocodile ! If the egg is kept at 31.6 degrees Celsius it will be male. Hotter or colder it will be a female !

I have four feet in the water
My big brother stands beside me
The waters of the pool wash my feet
And the sister of the pool has the initials MR

Who am I.............................................................

If you can name a bird that you have seen you get an extra point
Say this as fast as you can and earn 2 points:
If two witches were watching two watches, which witch would watch which watch?(Now do it without looking! (He..he...he..he)
Name something that was in the 1950’s and earn yourself a point for every correct answer:
A song........................................................................................................................
A trend........................................................................................................................
A movie......................................................................................................................
A TV show.................................................................................................................
News Event................................................................................................................
Discovery/Invention...................................................................................................
What rhymes with 8 and means; a usually small heavy object used to hold down loose papers?................................................................................................................
It is made from trees and tells stories about current events?.......................................
Find something that has a circumference of less than 4 inches
If you drop me I'm sure to crack,
but give me a smile and I'll always smile back............................................................

(Got a pic of a green jeep with soft canopy)
Yell “Flaming Flamingoes” if you see one of these and earn 3 points
No it doesn’t have to be green.
Take a photo of a bubble and earn 4 points
If you see an aeroplane or helicopter give yourself a point
Write down the differences between:
Freshwater Crocodiles..................................................................................................
......................................................................................................................................
......................................................................................................................................
Saltwater Crocodiles....................................................................................................

What are the points on a cane toad that shows the distinction between them and other toads/frogs?.........................................................................................................

Where is your Tibia found?
Who were the two singers well known to sing “Islands in the stream”?
What is the name of our state Premier?
How many states are in Australia?
What year did the Constitution of Australia come into force?

ANSWER SHEET FOR DAY 1

1. Galena Bridge
4. a) www.alaskajim.com/charts/decadesingles/1950s.php b)http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:1950s_fashion c)http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1950s_in_film d)http://www.crazyabouttv.com/decades/1950s.html e) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timeline_of_United_States_history_%281950%E2%80%931969%29 f)http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20110413163734AAzoDsK.....................
5. Weight
6. Paper
8. Mirror
12. Distinctions between Saltwater and Freshwater crocodile are: 1) Fresh water crocodiles have a narrower snout
2) Fresh water crocodiles and are smaller than the "Saltys"
3) Fresh water crocodiles can only live in fresh or slight salty water, whilst the saltwater crocodile can survive in both types of water.
4) Saltys lay eggs in nests of vegetation whilst freshwater crocs lay their eggs in sand.
5) Fresh water crocs teeth are shaped more like needles for piercing fish.
6) Saltwater Crocs reproduce in the WET season while Freshwater Crocs reproduce in the DRY season
14.Lower leg bone
15.Dolly Parton and Kenny Rogers
16.Colin Barnett
17.Six States and One Territory
18.9/7/1900
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Troll 81 (QLD) - Thursday, Apr 26, 2012 at 07:53

Thursday, Apr 26, 2012 at 07:53
Great idea thanks for sharing.
AnswerID: 484245

Sponsored Links