Uploading Photos

Submitted: Thursday, Apr 26, 2012 at 15:38
ThreadID: 95165 Views:1761 Replies:4 FollowUps:5
This Thread has been Archived
Could someone help please. I wish to start a thread and want to add a few pictures,but have been unsuccesful. I cannot find where to get info on this.
Jim
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Cruiser74 - Thursday, Apr 26, 2012 at 15:52

Thursday, Apr 26, 2012 at 15:52
Hi mate,

There is a button 'insert image' underneath the text box you write your post in. Just check the resolution of your image isn't too high as it might take ages to upload. Usually 800 pixels on the longest side is good enough for here. If you need help re-sizing your images for here mm me and send them over and I'll do it for you.

Cheers

Craig
AnswerID: 484275

Follow Up By: JimDi - Thursday, Apr 26, 2012 at 15:56

Thursday, Apr 26, 2012 at 15:56
Thanks Craig,
I will mm you as that may be my problem.
Jim
FollowupID: 759519

Follow Up By: Member - Tony V (NSW) - Thursday, Apr 26, 2012 at 16:01

Thursday, Apr 26, 2012 at 16:01
JimDi,

If you want to resize pictures you can use "Paint" in windows.

FollowupID: 759521

Follow Up By: Member - John and Val - Thursday, Apr 26, 2012 at 16:05

Thursday, Apr 26, 2012 at 16:05
Jim,

You can download and install one of the many free photo editors online. We use one called Xnview that we use all the time and find it does a great job. Under the "image" button you will find the resize function where you can choose the size that you want from a drop-down menu. Remember to always save the resized image as a new file, otherwise you will over-write your original image.

Cheers,

Val
J and V
"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted."
- Albert Einstein

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

FollowupID: 759522

Reply By: Member - John and Val - Thursday, Apr 26, 2012 at 15:56

Thursday, Apr 26, 2012 at 15:56
Hi Jim,

First you need to resize your photos so that they are 800x600 pixels or less. Save the resized image and make a note of where it is on your computer.

Then open up a box to start your thread - across the bottom you will see a couple of rows of blue boxs. One of these says "insert image". Click on that and you will see at the bottom "upload photo" - you click on the browse button to find your photo (wherever you have saved ), and an option to add a description. Then click load. Its good to use the blue "preview" button to check that it all looks OK, then hit Submit and its all done.

Cheers,

Val
J and V
"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted."
- Albert Einstein

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 484277

Follow Up By: JimDi - Thursday, Apr 26, 2012 at 16:05

Thursday, Apr 26, 2012 at 16:05
Thanks everyone,
It appears that resizing is the problem. Will do that and see what happens.
Jim
FollowupID: 759523

Follow Up By: Bob Y. - Qld - Thursday, Apr 26, 2012 at 17:44

Thursday, Apr 26, 2012 at 17:44
Jim,

When I resize a photo for this site, I always add a capital "A" after the image file number, so I don't mix it up with the full size image. Suppose could use an "R' might be better???

Just off topic, Jim. That ute of yours seems to be a very bright white, in colour. Do you know if it's the standard Toyota white (Code 058), or a newer colour. Maybe I just need to wash and polish my '02 model 79 series!!!

Thanks,
Bob.

Seen it all, Done it all.
Can't remember most of it.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

FollowupID: 759535

Reply By: Member - Stephen L (Clare SA) - Thursday, Apr 26, 2012 at 20:34

Thursday, Apr 26, 2012 at 20:34
Hi Jim

When uploading images, make sure that you do them at a reasonable size.

My pet hate here on EO is people go to the effort of taking sometimes very good pictures, only to post the image the size of a postage stamp.

I have written a Blog about this, and have included images downsized to various sizes, and you can see the proof in the size that they will turn out.

Have a look and this should help you out.

Open this link to my Blog Make Your Blog Stand Out

All the best and once you get started, there will be no stopping you.

Cheers

Stephen
Smile like a Crocodile

Lifetime Member

AnswerID: 484318

Reply By: Allan B (Member, SunCoast) - Thursday, Apr 26, 2012 at 23:19

Thursday, Apr 26, 2012 at 23:19
When I was having a photo upload problem a few weeks ago David Martin (ExplorOz) told me that there was no longer a limit with image file size, although of course upload time may become a problem.

Cheers
Allan

AnswerID: 484332

Sponsored Links