Freshshield Vacuum Packer.

Submitted: Friday, Apr 27, 2012 at 15:14
ThreadID: 95187 Views:6690 Replies:8 FollowUps:3
This Thread has been Archived
Any one got one? Any good or otherwise? Camper Deals are selling them For $149.00 at present. Normal price $300.00. How does this price compare with other brands? Also got a deal on the bags.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Troll 81 (QLD) - Friday, Apr 27, 2012 at 15:58

Friday, Apr 27, 2012 at 15:58
We just have a little Sunbeam one and find it great for out little trips away. Have not tried anything else so can't comment sory
AnswerID: 484383

Reply By: Ron N - Friday, Apr 27, 2012 at 16:30

Friday, Apr 27, 2012 at 16:30
G.T. - I've never owned one, but decided to try one. Bought a no-name Chinese one off Dealboard for $49.
Haven't sighted it yet, but it's due to arrive, anyday now.

They're all made in China, anyway, AFAICS. Thought I'd try a $49 job to see what the faults of the low cost one was before I decided to buy a better one.

I've seen this same model for sale for a hell of a lot more. Nothing worse than buying something, than finding it on the 'net, a day later, for 1/2 the price you just paid for yours!

Some models apparently use a couple of set-size bags - some use a roll that that you seal both ends to give you a custom sized bag.
The latter style seems to be more versatile.

Dealboard - Vacuum sealer .. http://dealboard.com.au/food-vacuum-sealer

Cheers - Ron.
AnswerID: 484387

Reply By: didjabringabeer - Friday, Apr 27, 2012 at 16:45

Friday, Apr 27, 2012 at 16:45
Hi. At the Perth camping show they were trying to sell them for $300+(can't remember
exact price) which I said was too much, got an answer how good they were compared to other brands etc. That sounds a much better price. Brian
AnswerID: 484388

Reply By: Allan B (Member, SunCoast) - Friday, Apr 27, 2012 at 16:57

Friday, Apr 27, 2012 at 16:57
That sounds expensive to me. We bought a Eurolab for $75 and it does a great job. Can't see any real difference between them. Handles either standard bags or makes one any length from roll stock.

The bags seem rather expensive too. Bags are available online but I just buy them from the supermarket.

Cheers
Allan

My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 484390

Reply By: Ron N - Friday, Apr 27, 2012 at 17:15

Friday, Apr 27, 2012 at 17:15
The range of food sealers available is sizeable, and the prices vary enormously. If you pay RRP, I think you can consider you've been ripped-off. That $149 looks like a very good price for that particular model.

The Unika Effene she-sa made-a in-a Italy! - so she must-a be-a good, just like-a the beeyo-ti-ful Alfa Romeo, and da Fiat-o!
She comes-a with-a the 5 year warranty, so she musta be good! She's-a notta cheap, though!

Unika Effene - http://foodvacuumsealers.com.au/

Deals Direct have a Chinese special on the "Eurolab" for $69 - but it's currently out of stock. Others have it for sale for considerably more.

Deals Direct - http://www.dealsdirect.com.au/p/eurolab-food-vacuum-sealer-keeps-food-fresh-longer/

Sunbeam make quite a few models, and they seem to start from $129 RRP.

Sunbeam - http://www.sunbeam.com.au/product-categories/foodsaver/

I can find about a dozen vacuum food sealers on My Shopping.com.au. Sunbeam seems to have the largest range available.
The prices run the gamut of the whole spectrum from cheap to just plain expensive.

http://www.myshopping.com.au/PT--296_Small_Kitchen_Appliances?Find=food%20vacuum%20sealer

I like Product Review for getting feedback on products. There's a whole range of food sealers listed on PR.

http://www.productreview.com.au/c/food-sealers.html
AnswerID: 484392

Reply By: Ozhumvee - Friday, Apr 27, 2012 at 21:41

Friday, Apr 27, 2012 at 21:41
Whichever one you get make sure it can just reseal bags as it can then be used to just seal without vacuum which can be handy for repacking things like potato crisps etc than will be crushed if vacuumed.
AnswerID: 484404

Reply By: Marion - Friday, Apr 27, 2012 at 22:10

Friday, Apr 27, 2012 at 22:10
Hi,

we have the freshshield system paid a lot more than $149.00 but I do love it. I also have a sunbeam system, but the freshshield has a lot more options. I also have the canisters with the had pump, I use it all the time whilst 4X4 for the vegies and bread they do seem to stay fresh a lot longer. I also bought the bags and rolls from camper deals that also is a great deal.

Hope this helps

cheers Marion
Talawana
VKS Selcall 2691

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 484407

Reply By: Member - G.T. - Saturday, Apr 28, 2012 at 15:27

Saturday, Apr 28, 2012 at 15:27
Thanks to all who have replied. Still scratching my head about which brand, Ron N opened up the field with his suggestions! Will advise if I decide to purchase at this point of time. Don`t need one just right now, but I got the offer from Camper Deals which prompted me to make this post. Thanks again to all. Regards G.T.
AnswerID: 484455

Follow Up By: Member - G.T. - Tuesday, May 01, 2012 at 13:00

Tuesday, May 01, 2012 at 13:00
Went for the Freshshield. Negioated the P/H price to $9.95 from $19.95 and purchased two roll and bag packs. Regards G.T.
FollowupID: 759981

Follow Up By: Ron N - Tuesday, May 01, 2012 at 23:33

Tuesday, May 01, 2012 at 23:33
G.T. - You got an exceptionally good deal there. I've seen at least one webpage where a used one sold for $199.
Freshield (correct spelling) is an Australian company, and their vacuum sealers are made in Korea by the CSE Co. Lte.

Freshield appear to have tight control on pricing, and rarely do they come up for offer on special anywhere.
I'm quite surprised that Camperdeals isn't appearing anywhere much in Google searches, unless I specifically search for the name.

I thought they were a "bricks & mortar" retailer, until I checked out their website - and now I see they're operating along the lines of Groupon or Catch of the Day, without the need to reach a "quota" before the deal is initiated.
They look like a handy crowd to subscribe to, so I've registered with them.

On the Freshield website, they advertise two models of their vacuum sealers, but I can't see much difference between the two models, apart from one being listed at $299, and one listed at $399?
The specifications don't appear to outline the differences between the models, I think they need to clear this up.

https://www.freshield.com.au/shop/index.php?cPath=6

Cheers - Ron.
FollowupID: 760038

Follow Up By: Member - G.T. - Wednesday, May 02, 2012 at 08:00

Wednesday, May 02, 2012 at 08:00
Ron - I was considering a Sunbeam for $129.00. Their rolls ( no bags ) were $34.99 for a two pack. Freshshield rolls were 6m long plus the packs have bags as well. I emailed Sunbeam to find out how long their rolls were, they told me it would take 3 days to reply!! As the Freshshield deal would be closed by then I decided to order from them. Regards G.T. p/s not brave enough to consider a $40.00 Chinese one!!
FollowupID: 760050

Sponsored Links