gibb river road currently

I just got back from a trip to Imintji doing a supply run and thought I would give people an idea of what is happening .

The Gibb is open as far as Mt Barnet, however, none of the attractions are currently open.Windjana Gorge, Tunnel creek, Bell Gorge, Lennards Gorge are all closed.Adcock gorge and Galvins gorge are open but this is the extent of it.

FESA is currently burning like the pyro manic's they are and the most predominate colour on the gibb at present is black. Willl be three weeks before any green pick starts to show.

Mt Barnet roadhouse still has trouble with their fuel tanks and dirty fuel is the norm. A lot of vehicles had engine damage last year from this and the situation is still the same. This means the only place you can get ULP is Drysdale. Diesel you can get from Imintji at 204.5cents a litre.

I am leaving today for Drysdale under permit to do a supply run and will try and give an update when I get back. They closed the road on thursday due to the area getting 100mm of rain probably from all the fires seeding the clouds as it was still very humid up until yesterday. The overnight temp in Imintji thursday night was a chilly 14degrees.

thats it.
shane c5
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Michaeljp - Saturday, Apr 28, 2012 at 10:56

Saturday, Apr 28, 2012 at 10:56
Thanks for the update Shane.
AnswerID: 484438

Reply By: Member - Trev K - Saturday, Apr 28, 2012 at 11:24

Saturday, Apr 28, 2012 at 11:24
Thanks for that info Shane. We are still working on that trip to Carson River track I spoke to you about ,so your updates are very helpfull. I take note of the fuel issues at Mt Barnet, so will steer clear of there for a top up.
Thanks again, Trev K.
AnswerID: 484440

Reply By: Dirt Princess - Saturday, Apr 28, 2012 at 12:57

Saturday, Apr 28, 2012 at 12:57
Shane you're a legend. Blokes like you are worth a mint. Appreciate any info like this. Looking to travel in July/August on the GRR. Appreciate any updates around then also.
Cheers
AnswerID: 484445

Reply By: vk1dx - Saturday, Apr 28, 2012 at 13:59

Saturday, Apr 28, 2012 at 13:59
Thanks Shane

Excellent idea to report it. What most people may not realise is that in doing it this way we have a report with a DATE on it. The internet is chockers with data and reportsa and most of which does not have a date on it.

I am going on a short drive through the center soon and will hope that I can get the same.

Its fine to say go to the Government sites. But hot much out of date are they ?????

Phil
AnswerID: 484447

Reply By: Muntoo - Saturday, Apr 28, 2012 at 14:02

Saturday, Apr 28, 2012 at 14:02
Hi Shane

Sounds like a top job ya got there mate, might be spending some time up along the Gibb soon, do you do supply runs throughout the year?

Is it just food and stuff or fuel?

Sorry about the questions mate, but your just what we have been searching for i think.
AnswerID: 484448

Reply By: Kris and Kev - Saturday, Apr 28, 2012 at 20:06

Saturday, Apr 28, 2012 at 20:06
Well done Shane. We picked up dirty diesel last year and I thought at the time it was from Mt Barnet. Our fuel filter did its job, so no damage.
Keep up the good work. Kevin
AnswerID: 484473

Sponsored Links