caravan windows

Submitted: Sunday, Apr 29, 2012 at 10:05
ThreadID: 95233 Views:3034 Replies:1 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Hi all!

Am after some feedback re caravan windows. Our caravan manufacturer wants to install Dometic Seitz. Have heard they can be bothersome if open and the wind is gusting - they can lift out of position and flap closed - not good in WA! Am not fussed on the white gauze either!

Have seen similar European style windows in newer vans (Lotus, I think but could be others) where there are knobs on the struts to lock the windows in any open position. They also have black gauze. Think the window brand might be NCE. Wondering whether anyone knows of this window type and what their track record is like re seal, leaks, etc.

Am aware that both types are problematic re insects getting in when opening/closing windows at night. Have also heard about furry edging to keep the insects out.

Many thanks in anticipation.....
Anne
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Cruiser .- Sunday, Apr 29, 2012 at 16:37

Sunday, Apr 29, 2012 at 16:37
Anne,

I have a Lotus and the only indication on the windows is www.polyplastic.nl

See http://www.polyplastic.nl/UK/producten.html

Hope this helps

Cheers,

Cruiser
AnswerID: 484548

Follow Up By: afarawayplace - Sunday, Apr 29, 2012 at 16:49

Sunday, Apr 29, 2012 at 16:49
Thanks Cruiser! Have checked out the website and it does explain the polyplastic aspect.

We're interested in the installation, whether dust gets in, how well the locking mechanisms function, how the mesh stands up to cleaning, insects, etc. I know it sounds a bit over the top but we've heard/read so many comments about Seitz windows that we're wondering how the NCE windows compare. We certainly prefer the black gauze and the knobs that lock the windows into any open position.

Thanks again.....keep the comments rolling.
AnA
FollowupID: 759831

Sponsored Links