Mazda BT50 Bullbar

A friend of mune has just bought a new Mazda BT50. Very nice, but HUGE! Anyway, he wants to buy an alloy bullbar for it, but has been quoted a ridiculous price for it. Does nayone here know of a supplier of bullbars for the Mazda BT50 and how much they are?

Also, he wants a reversing camera, but has been quoted $1150 for one which replaces the internal rear view mirror. Anyone know of cheaper ones or alternatives eg replacement radio/GPS/etc which also include a reversing camera?
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Phil G (SA) - Monday, Apr 30, 2012 at 22:50

Monday, Apr 30, 2012 at 22:50
The new ARB bullbar is the best I've seen at covering up the ugly front end. But its not aluminium. Here's a link:
ARB newBT50 bullbar link

The standard Mazda steel bar has had problems with mounts - the one at the local Mazda dealer will shake about 2" when you grab it.

Maybe ECB have a nice one - but someone on that thread got quoted $2400!
AnswerID: 484675

Follow Up By: escapesilv - Tuesday, May 01, 2012 at 05:50

Tuesday, May 01, 2012 at 05:50
Hi Phil G

That price is about OK when fitted.

I have been looking for one for my Challenger, is prices are up there regardless of brand.

Cheers Rob
FollowupID: 759955

Follow Up By: Member -Carl R (QLD) - Wednesday, May 02, 2012 at 19:54

Wednesday, May 02, 2012 at 19:54
I was talking with ARB in Brisbane last week and he told me there is a 10 week waiting list on BT50 bullbars
FollowupID: 760094

Reply By: Isuzumu - Tuesday, May 01, 2012 at 06:34

Tuesday, May 01, 2012 at 06:34
I think they are all about the same price here is the alloy bar from ECBECB

AnswerID: 484686

Reply By: vk1dx - Tuesday, May 01, 2012 at 08:31

Tuesday, May 01, 2012 at 08:31
Costs??? I am unable to do a lot of mods to my landcruiser and as such I rely on a good mechanic to do it for me. You talk about high cost of things. Every time we get anything decent done its $1000.

Anyway back to the bull bar. What I was going to say was, that if your friend has the opportunity to get a bar that is built and rated to accept a winch, then get it. He may not need or want one now but he may later. Being able to basically just "bolt one on" will save hundreds quid. And that does not include the "loss" between selling the old bar and buying the new bar.

Phil
AnswerID: 484688

Reply By: Member - DereelGirl - Tuesday, May 01, 2012 at 13:44

Tuesday, May 01, 2012 at 13:44
Hi Erad,

I got a reversing camera from Aldi's, $99 I think it was. It has a mirror that clips over your existing mirror and when you go into reverse it displays a picture of the camera image. I haven't installed mine yet as I took it to a friends place to show it and left it there. The only problem I'm going to have is fitting it to the mirror of the xTrail as the original mirror is mounted too close to the roof and doesn't give me enough room.

cheers

Rob
Dereelgirl

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 484711

Follow Up By: Member - Richard B (NSW) - Tuesday, May 01, 2012 at 20:51

Tuesday, May 01, 2012 at 20:51
I have just had an ECB one fitted to my BT50 - looks good and not as much 'in your face' as the Mazda one. Good service too from ECB - they sent me an extra tab for antenna mounting when I queried why there was only one as standard - just have to work out how to get it polished to the bright finish of the bullbar as the tab is pretty rough but once it is welded on will work on it.

Cheers
arbe

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Position  Send Message

FollowupID: 760020

Reply By: Member - Bill & Ang (VIC) - Tuesday, May 01, 2012 at 21:44

Tuesday, May 01, 2012 at 21:44
Try Safety Dave for rear view camera - reasonably priced I think. Good luck Bill
AnswerID: 484767

Reply By: Member - Netnut (VIC) - Tuesday, May 01, 2012 at 22:25

Tuesday, May 01, 2012 at 22:25
Erad,
Maybe have a look at the photo with this post; my new aluminium Black Ripple ECB bar looks great on my new wheels. I went for the black bar because I'm not prepared to spend a heap of time maintaining a polished one. I've seen the polished ECB bar on a BT-50 and it looks great !

I went for aluminium because I won't be doing any extreme offroad work; I just want some protection from animal strike. Installed by ARB, the bar cost a tad over $2300.

Maybe have holes drilled for spotties before any installation. I managed to drill holes, but it was a chore.

The aluminium tag for the UHF aerial was not horizontal, so I attached a big bolt and, with the help of a rubber mallet, bent the tag to where it needed to be. This operation was performed on the advice of the ECB people; I rang to advise them of the manufacturing fault.

I have installed a Safety Dave reversing camera kit which cost me $340 posted. The screen is 6" wide and the system will support 2 cameras. I can give you info on how to mount such a unit.

I've also installed a Uniden UHF radio, a Redarc brake controller (with the assistance of an auto electrician) and Hella HID driving lights. Check out my profile for the details. Message me if you want some ideas on their installation.

Enjoy the BT-50; I am.

Netnut

AnswerID: 484773

Sponsored Links