2002 Ford Explorer

Submitted: Saturday, May 05, 2012 at 18:25
ThreadID: 95376 Views:3179 Replies:3 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Hi Every one
This is my first post so here goes.
I live in Kingaroy Queensland Australia.Please dont hold that against me ;)
Recently I bought an Explorer off of ebay that had a crook auto.After finding the parts I needed I purchased them from USA and than rebuilt the gearbox.It now goes like a dream.....BUT the 4X4 is not working. After lots of searching I believe it is the control module that is at fault. The only problem is trying to get one over here in AU so I was hoping someone over there may be able to help me with a few questions.The module in my car is :Ford number:1L24-7H473-AG
Can anyone tell me what the upgraded module number would be and where I could get one from. As I had the battery disconnected for about a month would that have killed it and if not what happens to them?Can it be reprogrammed or repaired?
thank you in advance
David U
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Ron N - Saturday, May 05, 2012 at 19:03

Saturday, May 05, 2012 at 19:03
David - Aaaarrrgghh! Early Ford Explorer!! (backs away, holding out a cross) ....... [:-)

Those things are known as money pits. Good luck on fixing the problem. I think these blokes on this following forum are going to be your major help area.

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=138771

My eldest nephew bought a later model Explorer, and the tranny kept giving him grief. He got it fixed one last time, after many times - and then sold it, and bought a Landcruiser - like he should have done, first off. [;-)

Cheers - Ron.

AnswerID: 485067

Reply By: graham B9 - Saturday, May 05, 2012 at 21:55

Saturday, May 05, 2012 at 21:55
Hi David,

Sorry but I have to agree with Ron. Get rid of it.

Not against ford as I drive one myself and my last car vehicle before this was a ford as well. Both are fantastic but the Exolorer is a real dog.

Check out this web site:
http://www.mycarstats.com/reports/ford/explorer/recalls.aspx
AnswerID: 485087

Reply By: GT Campers - Monday, May 07, 2012 at 16:14

Monday, May 07, 2012 at 16:14
Have you tried a Ford dealer?
AnswerID: 485201

Sponsored Links