Gibb River Mountain Bike Challenge

FYI,

The annual Gibb River Mountain Bike Challenge will be occuring 27th May - 1 st June 2012.
For those planning a trip along the Gibb during this time please be aware of a large contingent of riders and support vehicles.
The itinary is as follows -

Sunday 27th May, Derby to Silent Grove
Monday 28th May, Silent Grove to Mt Elizabeth
Tuesday 29th May, Mt Elizabeth to Ellenbrae Stn
Wednesday 30th May, Ellenbrae Stn to Home Valley
Thursday 31st May, Home Valley to El Questro via either Karunji Track or to Northern end of Gibb and return to ElQuestro

Please be patient and vigilant as there are 400 riders registered. The ride is for charity with major proceeds going to the Ryan Marron Foundation. Ryan was a Halls Creek Police Officer who caught Encephylitis from a mosquito bite whilst on patrol near Balgo.

I would suggest altering your travel plans whilst the event is passing through each stage as camping is at a premium and the traffic heavily congested for those heading east.

Thanks for your patience
Tamery
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - nick b - Monday, May 07, 2012 at 09:32

Monday, May 07, 2012 at 09:32
Thank you for the notice . I will be on the road -GRR- at the same time and will be looking out for them & deferentially looking at altering camping plans .... &
I will be give them the same respect as i do" ALL" travelers when on the Road & hope its returned .....

cheers
Cheers Nick b

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 485184

Reply By: whisky_mac - Monday, May 07, 2012 at 10:50

Monday, May 07, 2012 at 10:50
I assume you have checked for fires!
AnswerID: 485185

Follow Up By: Member - nick b - Monday, May 07, 2012 at 21:48

Monday, May 07, 2012 at 21:48
That's a low blow Whisky ..........
Cheers Nick b

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

FollowupID: 760492

Reply By: Member-George (WA) - Monday, May 07, 2012 at 18:15

Monday, May 07, 2012 at 18:15
Thanks Tamery
I will broadcast the event dates on VKS-737 Radio Network when the time is nearer and also advise other operators on the network. Cheers
AnswerID: 485218

Sponsored Links