Caravan repair/restore, Melbourne.Seeking a recomendation please.

Submitted: Monday, May 07, 2012 at 15:29
ThreadID: 95418 Views:2591 Replies:3 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Hi everyone, have been off site lately. I'm seeking advice and a recomendation, I have a 1977 16ft Millard that has had leaks in all four corners inside, Timber inside walls are soft and cracked some slight some most of the way down the wall. At the moment each corner as far as I can tell is dry. The van has been outside for 8 weeks now after spending 8 months in a closed machinery shed. I would like to have the damage evaluated to see if it's worth doing up. I don't know if it's a timber frame or an aluminium frame. Can anyone recomend a business or a private caravan repair place ? I'm located in Sunbury. Thankyou.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: wendys - Monday, May 07, 2012 at 16:16

Monday, May 07, 2012 at 16:16
I think Hardings are amongst the best, but at Kilsyth they are a fair way from you. Have a look at their website - just Google hardings Caravan Services.
(Not connected in any way - just a satisfied customer)
AnswerID: 485202

Reply By: Member - There Yet - Monday, May 07, 2012 at 17:26

Monday, May 07, 2012 at 17:26
Hi Get On,

You could try Central Vic Caravan Services at Kangaroo Flat. We have used him for services and repairs and find that he is quiet good. Always busy. Ph 5447 2694.
Were in the Macedon Rangers and are happy to travel the hour up the road.

Cheers Steven and Kerry
AnswerID: 485214

Reply By: Bill BD - Monday, May 07, 2012 at 19:26

Monday, May 07, 2012 at 19:26
Before you go to any expense and trouble I would take a load of pics and ask your question on the classic caravan site. Someone there is likely to know if its a wood or ali frame and probably has restored an equivalent van. Are you thinking of doing the work yourself? It is unlikely to be worth paying someone to do it.
AnswerID: 485230

Sponsored Links