Kimberly trip

Submitted: Sunday, May 13, 2012 at 13:02
ThreadID: 95531 Views:1859 Replies:2 FollowUps:4
This Thread has been Archived
Hi all
I am planning a trip to the kimberlys in early June we live in Newcastle and were thinking of heading off about the first week in June and going via cobar, Camerons Cnr, Birdsville, the Plenty Hwy, Kings canyon, Tanimi desert, Kununurra and the Gibb river road I was wondering if there was anyone planning the same an if so would you like to travel together. We are flexible with times so let us know. We have a 80 series and are towing an Ultimate camp trailer.
Steve and Shaz
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - eighty matey - Sunday, May 13, 2012 at 21:49

Sunday, May 13, 2012 at 21:49
Hi Shaz and Steve.

we're leaving at the end of July from the Central Coast heading to Broome.

We're three couples, in three 80 series, one towing a camper and the others with roof top tents.

We're going up to Bourke, Hungerford, Noccundra to Boulia. Then to The Alice by the Plenty Hwy. From Alice Springs we're heading to 80 Mile Beach by the Gary Junction Rd and Kidson Track.

Stopping at Barnhill Station, Broome and on to Cape Leveque. Through Fraser River to Derby and up The Gibb River Road to Kalumburu the Wyndham and Kununurra.

From Kununurra to Halls Ck, then down the Tanami Hwy back to Alice. Heading east to Birdsvill and then a week to get home, probably through Camerons Corner and Tibooburra.

The timing might not suit you but you never know.

hooroo,
Steve
AnswerID: 485747

Follow Up By: Shaz n Steve - Tuesday, May 15, 2012 at 20:33

Tuesday, May 15, 2012 at 20:33
Steve
Thanks mate but it is a little late for us as we hoped to be in WA by end of June have a great trip.
Steve N Shaz
FollowupID: 761151

Follow Up By: Member - eighty matey - Wednesday, May 16, 2012 at 18:44

Wednesday, May 16, 2012 at 18:44
No worries.

Have a great trip,

Steve
FollowupID: 761235

Reply By: Member - Julie - Saturday, May 19, 2012 at 11:29

Saturday, May 19, 2012 at 11:29
Hi Steve and Shaz

We are also planning a very similar trip, but are leaving mid June and leaving from the Riverina (New South Wales) and going across to Port Augusta and then up to Alice Springs via Uluru and Kings Canyon and then across the Tanami to Gibb River Road etc and then onto Darwin to visit our son.

We did Cape York in 2006 and travelled with my sister and her hubby but this time we are doing the trip ourselves. I am sure you will meet plenty of people along the way who are doing the same as you who wont mind if you tag along. We meet some lovely people on our Cape York trip and travelled on and off with them and still keep in touch.

We have a 1999 Nissan Patrol and will be towing an off-road camp trailer.

You never know we might run into each other along the track somewhere. :)
AnswerID: 486211

Follow Up By: Shaz n Steve - Sunday, May 20, 2012 at 14:05

Sunday, May 20, 2012 at 14:05
Julie
Drop us your email and we will give you a yell when we are about to head up the Tanami you never know you may be close to doing the same.
Steve and Shaz
FollowupID: 761537

Follow Up By: Member - Julie - Tuesday, May 22, 2012 at 13:36

Tuesday, May 22, 2012 at 13:36
Hi,
I've added my email on my profile page so hopefully you will be able to see it - I am new at this so not real sure what the go is - if you cant see it just let me know.

Julie
FollowupID: 761710

Sponsored Links