Clare Valley Racecourse

Submitted: Sunday, May 13, 2012 at 18:49
ThreadID: 95538 Views:3657 Replies:2 FollowUps:4
This Thread has been Archived
Has anyone stayed at the Clare Valley Racecourse (site 383 in Camps 6) and if so, any opinions, idea of price etc

Cheers,

Cruiser
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Stephen L (Clare SA) - Sunday, May 13, 2012 at 21:43

Sunday, May 13, 2012 at 21:43
Hi Cruiser

We often get people in at work that stay out there, but I have never asked what they think of the place. Another place where you can stay for a small fee, sorry I do not know how much, is the Clare Show Grounds, directly opposite the Clare Caravan Park, which is closer to town.

The Caravan Park was bequeathed to the people of Clare by the Christisan family many decades ago, and was always know as Christisan Caravan Park, but with the changing of Council views and money making, it was changed to the name of the Clare Caravan Park, which is now leased out to a Private Caravan Park Chain, where as the Show Grounds is privately owned by the Clare A & H Society, which has nothing to do with the Council.

Enjoy your stay in Clare, and make sure that you take some of the back road to some scenic locations, including Spring Gully. If you would ike to read more on Spring Gully, here is a link to a blog that I have written on the area.

Spring Gully Blog

Also if you are staying a few day, a day trip over to Burra would be very rewarding and this would be well work a look.

Burra Heritage Drive

Cheers

Stephen
Smile like a Crocodile

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 485745

Follow Up By: Cruiser .- Monday, May 14, 2012 at 09:45

Monday, May 14, 2012 at 09:45
Thanks Stephen, I will take your advice and stay at the showground. I am assuming that its just a case of turn up and either see an onsite manager or call someone to arrange permission to stay there. Also, the Burra drive sounds good to me.

Cheers,

Cruiser
FollowupID: 761020

Follow Up By: Member - Stephen L (Clare SA) - Monday, May 14, 2012 at 12:36

Monday, May 14, 2012 at 12:36
Hi Cruiser,

I have just given one of the Committee members a call. The cost is $20 per night including power/showers etc.

The person to call is Norm and his mobile number is 0409 693 391.

Have a great stay.

Cheers

Stephen
Smile like a Crocodile

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

FollowupID: 761031

Follow Up By: Cruiser .- Monday, May 14, 2012 at 16:17

Monday, May 14, 2012 at 16:17
Thanks for that, will call him when we are ready to leave Adelaide

Cheers,

Cruiser
FollowupID: 761040

Reply By: Member - iijmartin - Sunday, May 13, 2012 at 22:07

Sunday, May 13, 2012 at 22:07
Hello Cruiser,
We stayed at the Clare Racecourse o/nite last spring. Can't remember the price, quite scenic but I can remember that our spot adjacent to the track was sloping.
We also called into the Clare Showgrounds to fill up with water. I would recommend this spot - levels sites, power and good amenities. We would stay here next time in Clare.
Regards,
Ian
AnswerID: 485752

Follow Up By: Cruiser .- Monday, May 14, 2012 at 09:47

Monday, May 14, 2012 at 09:47
Thanks Ian, have read Stephens reply as well as yours and it seems that the showground is the go.

Cheers

Cruiser
FollowupID: 761021

Sponsored Links