L Shaped Annex Mat

Submitted: Tuesday, May 15, 2012 at 08:34
ThreadID: 95578 Views:1696 Replies:5 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Hi Guys

I just tried searching the forum and couldn't find any solution, so I am hoping that someone may be able to point me in the right direction.

I want a L shaped mat.
We have a Toyota Troopy and ideally want a CGEAR style mat that runs the length of the car and then around the back of the car.

I'm sure I saw one in a magazine somewhere... or maybe it was at a 4WD show.

I'm awaiting a reply form CGEAR to see if they will do a custom design.

If anyone knows a company who produces them can you please let me know!

Have a great day!
K
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Yabbo - Tuesday, May 15, 2012 at 11:09

Tuesday, May 15, 2012 at 11:09
A big bit of shade cloth from Bunnings and a pair od scissors.
Yabbo
AnswerID: 485864

Reply By: Shaker - Tuesday, May 15, 2012 at 11:34

Tuesday, May 15, 2012 at 11:34
I can save you a wait, Cgear won't do custom sizes!
Any canvas repairer should be able to edge & eyelet a custom shape for you.
AnswerID: 485868

Reply By: SDG - Wednesday, May 16, 2012 at 23:40

Wednesday, May 16, 2012 at 23:40
What about those square rubber mats you can join together like a jig saw? Make different shapes to suit your needs.
AnswerID: 486001

Reply By: The Explorer - Thursday, May 17, 2012 at 00:03

Thursday, May 17, 2012 at 00:03
Hi

Two rectangular mats together maybe what you spotted at the 4WD show (just a guess). A single L shaped map is fine for one application but not that versatile (ie. if a CGEAR mat is what you want ..buy two). As suggested, shade cloth is possibly an economic solution but have no idea of the relative cost or characteristics of a CGEAR mat.

Cheers
Greg
I sent one final shout after him to stick to the track, to which he replied “All right,” That was the last ever seen of Gibson - E Giles 23 April 1874

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 486002

Reply By: KayRex - Thursday, May 17, 2012 at 08:47

Thursday, May 17, 2012 at 08:47
Thanks guys. We appreciate it.

You are quite right CGEAR do ot do custom.

My hestitation with shade cloth is the durability and sand/dirt getting in and out. We are planning a year long trip... so we are looking for things to be used daily and will get a fair bit of wear and tear. Not usually afraid of a bit of dirt... but over such a ong period of time it will be nice to keep clean!

I think we might just go for a long mat besides the car.
And either another mat for behind the rear of the car or just go with jigsaw rubber matt....

A tip for others: I picked up a $15 rug from KMART last year. It is really durable and hardy [suppose to be for indoors but i've re-purposed it]. And has been perfect for weekend trips.

Thanks for your input
Much appreciated

AnswerID: 486017

Sponsored Links