goldstream campers

Submitted: Wednesday, Jan 07, 2004 at 18:02
ThreadID: 9563 Views:2698 Replies:5 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
I am thinking of purchasing a crown berth four off road camper made by goldstream. Can any one tell me if these campers are worth the money they ask for, about $27000.They say they are designed to take offroad and will handle
corrugatted roads. It will only be used by me and the hugs and kisses[missus].Any advice would be appreciated. Maybe i would be better off looking at an ultimate camper but ease of erection each night is a high priority
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Mark from Getaway Portable Refrigerator Hire - Wednesday, Jan 07, 2004 at 19:11

Wednesday, Jan 07, 2004 at 19:11
joeblogs, I have no experience with the goldstreams but as a male I too believe that you should have the ease of erection as a high priority. :-)

MarkGetaway Portable Refrigerator Hire
AnswerID: 42102

Reply By: maverick - Wednesday, Jan 07, 2004 at 20:18

Wednesday, Jan 07, 2004 at 20:18
Never heard of them but no doubt any salesman will tell you they are great over corrugations. just make sure you take plenty of Sika, rivets and 100mph tape and you may be ok. Better still ask him to let you use it for a weekend. find the gnarliest most corrugated track around and spend 8hrs driving along it at 90km/hr. Even invite your salesman friend to enjoy the event. Then at the end you can disconnect it and drive home and let the salesman do whatever he can to get it back to his shop - similar to what they will do for you as soon as your money is in their bank. If you really want to go off the normal roads stick to a 'proven' offroad camper. If you are content with the occaisional gravel road (not track) then go with your camper. As for easy night time erections - sometimes the morning ones are just there without any encouragement. rgds
AnswerID: 42122

Reply By: Mad Dog Morgan (Vic) - Wednesday, Jan 07, 2004 at 20:28

Wednesday, Jan 07, 2004 at 20:28
ok for a few light corrugations but in heavy stuff expect things to fall off or break as happens to a lot of vehicles in heavy stuff. Wasn't very impressed with the build quality of my Goldstream especially the electrics which looks like they were done by a complete novice. They maybe be better now with the new ownership.I may be mad but I'm not crazy
BEAM ME UP SCOTTY
â
Hooroo
Ray
AnswerID: 42123

Follow Up By: Mad Dog Morgan (Vic) - Wednesday, Jan 07, 2004 at 20:57

Wednesday, Jan 07, 2004 at 20:57
ok, my advise for the two of you is to spend some loot on a decent tent..southern cross, get a 12 volt fridge, a good double self inflating bed and a sat tv system in a case such as the Abrolga or however it's spelt. Plently of loot leftover, live like kings and no hassles towing. I'm pleased I ditched my Goldstream.I may be mad but I'm not crazy
BEAM ME UP SCOTTY
â
Hooroo
Ray
FollowupID: 304580

Reply By: Revs - Thursday, Jan 08, 2004 at 09:17

Thursday, Jan 08, 2004 at 09:17
Ease of setting up and packing a trailer is a up most priority when doing long trips plus having a trailer that has been tried and tested
I have just completed a trip of 20,000 including the CSR,Gunbarrell ,all the Beadell Hwys, Gibb river Rd and Kalumburu Rd with out any problems with a Campermatic trailer. Make sure wheels are interchangable with vehicle what ever your decision may be
Enjoy your camping Revs
AnswerID: 42190

Reply By: Member - Alan- Thursday, Jan 08, 2004 at 12:37

Thursday, Jan 08, 2004 at 12:37
I had a Goldstream off roader a couple of years ago and was quite pleased with it. Thicker wire on the mechanism than Jaycos etc. and the fittings/workmanship were of better quality as well.
The price you quoted seems very high though, although it's a different model than ours was.
We sold it to get the convenience of being able to just walk inside a poptop to make a cuppa on route and the ease of setting up.
Personally I would have gone for a "tent on wheels" as the cook says, but I can't see the how they can justify the price asked for Kimberleys and Campomatics.
In the interest of peace I settled on her choice as the way to go.
AnswerID: 42210

Sponsored Links