Birdsville track condition

Submitted: Thursday, May 17, 2012 at 22:31
ThreadID: 95632 Views:1844 Replies:4 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
Hello All.

Well next Thursday (24th May)we are finally off to the Simpson for some well deserved R&R with a bunch of mates :-), I was hoping some one out there has travelled the Birdsville Track very recently and can advise on the condition of the track and also what is going on at the Coopers creek crossing.

Thanks in advance
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: RobAck - Friday, May 18, 2012 at 10:06

Friday, May 18, 2012 at 10:06
The simplest checks are; outback road report and give the Mungarannie pub a ring and drop in for a chat on the way up/back to repay the favour

RobA
AnswerID: 486113

Follow Up By: Member - Vern (North Haven SA) - Friday, May 18, 2012 at 10:38

Friday, May 18, 2012 at 10:38
Thanks for the response and we all are looking to spend a night at Mungaranni to enjoy a few froffies.
FollowupID: 761369

Reply By: "crack-a-tinnie" - Friday, May 18, 2012 at 16:31

Friday, May 18, 2012 at 16:31
Vern,
I suspect you've done your home work already and you know who/how/where to obtain the info you require from.

There fore I suspect that you're actually bragging to the world that your going on a great trip with ya mates & most of us aren't.

Been up the track in the wet 2010 & down in the dry 2011, both great trips and would do it again.

Hope you all have a great trip. :-)

Cheers
AnswerID: 486142

Follow Up By: Member - Vern (North Haven SA) - Friday, May 18, 2012 at 17:18

Friday, May 18, 2012 at 17:18
Your thoughts are spot on I have done all the planning I need to do and YES to bragging. I never thought that anyone would pick up on that.

Thanks
FollowupID: 761397

Reply By: Member - Stephen L (Clare SA) - Friday, May 18, 2012 at 22:40

Friday, May 18, 2012 at 22:40
Hi Vern

You will not get any more reliable information than this.

Mum and dad (Dads 82) left Clare on Wednesday and was towing his little camper and did the drive in 3 very easy days.

First night at Copley, it is a great little spot and they like to call it a day. Dad said the park there was nearly full. Day 2 they went from Copley to Mungaranie. Day 3 Mungeranie to Birdsville. Dad took his time and was in Birdsville by around 1pm today. The only other comment was that the weather is perfect up there, around 30 degrees and not cool like down here in Clare.

There were a few road works along the way, but other than that, he said the track was in great condition.

They have booked into the Caravan Park for 3 nights before heading on.

Have a great trip.

Cheers

Stephen
Smile like a Crocodile

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 486188

Reply By: Member - Stephen L (Clare SA) - Friday, May 18, 2012 at 22:46

Friday, May 18, 2012 at 22:46
Hi Vern

You will not get any more reliable information than this.

Mum and dad (Dads 82) left Clare on Wednesday and was towing his little camper and did the drive in 3 very easy days.

First night at Copley, it is a great little spot and they like to call it a day. Dad said the park there was nearly full. Day 2 they went from Copley to Mungeranie. Day 3 Mungeranie to Birdsville. Dad took his time and was in Birdsville by around 1pm today. The only other comment was that the weather is perfect up there, around 30 degrees and not cool like down here in Clare.

There were a few road works along the way, but other than that, he said the track was in great condition.

They have booked into the Caravan Park for 3 nights before heading on.

Have a great trip.

Cheers

Stephen
Smile like a Crocodile

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 486189

Sponsored Links