Warrorra Station

Is this a good place to stay on the way up to Ningaloo???
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Motherhen - Sunday, May 20, 2012 at 17:24

Sunday, May 20, 2012 at 17:24
The road in may be rough. Twenty three kilometres west of the North West Coastal Highway accessed by a sometimes rough road, but regular rigs can visit. Unserviced remote beach camps, some of which can be accessed without four wheel drive. Have you checked out their website? Warroora Station camping Own toilet is a must.

Motherhen
Motherhen

Red desert dreaming

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 486311

Reply By: ROODOO2 - Sunday, May 20, 2012 at 18:12

Sunday, May 20, 2012 at 18:12
Hi Merredith
Yes .........but.....1 it depends how long you want to stay , it is too long a drive for one night
2 are you set for remote camping ? toilet , water etc
3 two wheel drive access limited to 14 mile camp and homstead (I think.)
Having said that we stayed there for two weeks in 2005 and still feel it was the highlight of our 3 months in the North West. The Ningaloo reef runs right along Warrorra and is very close to shore in many places.
Enjoy
MIKE
AnswerID: 486319

Follow Up By: Member - Merredith D - Sunday, May 20, 2012 at 18:35

Sunday, May 20, 2012 at 18:35
Thanks guys. Not sure how long. Maybe a couple of days cause we're leaving Perth earlier than we thought. So will see where we are when we get to that stage.
FollowupID: 761559

Reply By: ExplorOz - Thursday, May 24, 2012 at 14:10

Thursday, May 24, 2012 at 14:10
Hi Mez,
I haven't yet managed to get in there - despite numerous trips to Ningaloo Station for extended camping. From what we've figured its probably best considered as an alternative spot to experience Ningaloo, rather than up on Ningaloo Station. I have spoken to lots of people who've enjoyed "Warra" - I hear its not as good if you've got young kids, but its perhaps a little better if you're a serious fisherman. If you've got a week up your sleeve, go for it and tell me what you think in comparison to Ningaloo Station.

Good luck,
Michelle

ExplorOz

Business Member
My Profile  My Blog

AnswerID: 486646

Sponsored Links