Avenger winch on Powerfull 4X4 bar

Submitted: Sunday, May 20, 2012 at 20:40
ThreadID: 95696 Views:1919 Replies:2 FollowUps:4
This Thread has been Archived
I'm experiencing some difficulties so I'm looking for a little help. I will ring the seller but anyone with experience that can give me a clue in the meantime, it would be much appreciated.

Got the bar on and the winch drum mounted seemingly without an issue but am having some issues mounting the control box on the bar. The kit comes with no real instructions and a number of various brackets. When I look at the picture in the manual it shows the use of a bracket (included) that clearly can't be used because of the bar would interfere as well as the grill. There are a number of additional pieces which in the dark seem to make no sense.

Maybe another look in the morning may make it clearer and possibly bluddy obvious but right now I'm ready to kick the dog.

Kind regards
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Crackles - Sunday, May 20, 2012 at 21:16

Sunday, May 20, 2012 at 21:16
As there are many different bar manufacturers I'd suggest the mounting kit may have a universal bracket not specific to the Avenger control box or they possibly just packed the wrong one for you. Check with your supplier in the morning.
I've had 2 bars that required a simple custom bracket or additional holes to be drilled.
Cheers Craig.........
AnswerID: 486347

Follow Up By: Member - Beatit (QLD) - Sunday, May 20, 2012 at 22:34

Sunday, May 20, 2012 at 22:34
Thanks Craig, will do.

Kind regards
FollowupID: 761585

Follow Up By: Member - Beatit (QLD) - Monday, May 21, 2012 at 06:41

Monday, May 21, 2012 at 06:41
G'day Craig, slept on it and concluded that it was the uncontrollable urge to solve the puzzle. Sat up till 11 watching telle and manouvering all the bits to see what combo might come together to no avail. Will have a closer look after coffee, no doubt it will become clearer then!

Kind regards
FollowupID: 761599

Reply By: Member - Vern (North Haven SA) - Sunday, May 20, 2012 at 22:27

Sunday, May 20, 2012 at 22:27
Hello Beatit

I have the same winch on a TJM bar. My controller box is mounted on the inside of the bar with a large hose clip . This is done for security reasons and is still accessible with ease.

The reason for security is that some people find it rather funny to free spool your winch and connect it over your roof and attached to the tow bar and then jam a paper clip in your controll box starting your winch. You can guess what sort of damage this could do.

Out of sight out of mind.

Vern
AnswerID: 486348

Follow Up By: Member - Beatit (QLD) - Sunday, May 20, 2012 at 22:36

Sunday, May 20, 2012 at 22:36
Thankd Vern, will have a closer look in the morning. Maybe some sort of security is not a bad thing.

Kind regards
FollowupID: 761586

Follow Up By: Member - Craig F (WA) - Monday, May 21, 2012 at 08:01

Monday, May 21, 2012 at 08:01
I have an in-line circuit breaker on my power cable to the winch. I need to open the bonnet to activate it. Thus no current goes to the controll box or winch unless I want it too.

It cost me about 50$ from Tigres

Craig
FollowupID: 761605

Sponsored Links