Travel during school holidays

Submitted: Thursday, May 24, 2012 at 21:52
ThreadID: 95783 Views:1375 Replies:2 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Hello all. I will be travelling up to Karijini NP, Coral bay and surrounds during the next school holidays, 2 weeks in July. I have travelled up that way a few times before, but not during school holidays. In the past i havent had the need to book accommodation at all, just rocking up with no problems. Can someone tell me what i should be expecting as far as the need to book, crowds, that sort of thing. For example, if i was to stay at Dales campground at Karijini, and seeing as its a first in first served basis, what time do you have to get there to get a spot in peak season?

Secondly, as i will be travelling with 3 kids and another adult, there is a need for me to be towing a standard box trailer, not an off road trailer. For those that have traveled through karijini NP before, would a standard trailer be sufficient?.
Thanks
Grant
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: grunta1970 - Thursday, May 24, 2012 at 21:55

Thursday, May 24, 2012 at 21:55
Oh, one more question. I am driving a twin cab hilux and towing a trailer that is quite low and narrow. I cant see it our of the rear view mirror and only just out of the side mirrors. How do people generally cope with this when trying to keep an eye on the load while driving, or even reversing?.
AnswerID: 486693

Reply By: didjabringabeer - Friday, May 25, 2012 at 10:27

Friday, May 25, 2012 at 10:27
Hi I would say you would have no hope of getting in at Coral bay.You might be lucky in Exmouth.
AnswerID: 486739

Follow Up By: getmethehelloutahere - Saturday, May 26, 2012 at 20:47

Saturday, May 26, 2012 at 20:47
Exmouth is as bad if not worse
FollowupID: 762067

Sponsored Links