Review: The Flinders Ranges - An Adventurers Guide

My Shop Item Rating: My Rating 5/5

Having been through the Flinders Ranges several times with some very experienced 4WD campers I wasn't sure if the book would do more than just reinforce my existing thoughts, but it really opened my eyes to the extra possibilities of a visit to the area again. The historical and geological information will save me a lot of time as this is something I tediously look up before travelling, just to get a feel for wherever I go. I wasn't aware of the interesting nature of some of the 4WD and camping places in the southern areas of the Flinders. I usually head for the extreme northern end, but a stay closer to home at some of the locations detailed in this excellent and easy to read and comprehend book will break my trips into more enjoyable portions.
I think this book is ideal for anyone, new or experienced, who wants to plan a trip anywhere through the Flinders /Gammon Ranges. I certainly will use it for that purpose as well as for making my next trip more educated and interesting. The photographs are very good quality and are useful for decision making. Most of them are not the usual "tourist" cut & paste type that we have all seen a hundred times, but enhance the detailed text.
I have already told members of the 4WD Club I am a member of about this latest version. It's so up to date I can't wait to get up in the Flinders Ranges again!
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Sponsored Links