Further to post 9245 stolen Engel

Submitted: Thursday, Jan 08, 2004 at 11:30
ThreadID: 9584 Views:1306 Replies:3 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
Just about to go and pick up the new 40litre Engel fridge to replace the one stolen just before Christmas. Western QBE are paying full price except for the bag which I didn't have insured. Full points to QBE they have been good to deal with. It's been well worth having the insurance policy on the fridges as I have heard there are a few going missing around the Perth area.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Melissa - Thursday, Jan 08, 2004 at 12:05

Thursday, Jan 08, 2004 at 12:05
Good to hear your insurance company came through for you. My husband was telling me recently that one of his co-workers had their engel fridge stolen from their campsite although it was a couple of years ago. They were on a weekend trip out of Perth...

:o) MelissaPetrol 4.5L GU Patrol &
Camprite TL8 offroad camper
AnswerID: 42206

Reply By: ExplorOz Team - Michelle - Friday, Jan 09, 2004 at 00:21

Friday, Jan 09, 2004 at 00:21
Nav 80 - that's good news. We are insured through RAC, and although we've had some recent bad experiences they're come through for us and we're pretty happy with them - much better than TCIS if you live in WA. However, note that RAC do NOT insure vehicle fridges. So, just as well you are with QBE.Regards Michelle,
Spread the word - ExplorOz.com
AnswerID: 42302

Reply By: Matt (W.A.) - Friday, Jan 09, 2004 at 09:48

Friday, Jan 09, 2004 at 09:48
Nav 80,
What did you tell QBE? when you made the claim? i'm with them as well and when I rang then to ask about fridge cover the told me that it wasn't coverd as it's not a permanent fixture in the Vehicle?????Keep It On The Rough Stuff

Matt (W.A.)
AnswerID: 42324

Follow Up By: mick - Friday, Jan 09, 2004 at 11:07

Friday, Jan 09, 2004 at 11:07
Matt, We're with G.I.O. in Perth, they will actually cover the engel as part of home and contents however it's listed seperately and a small fee $20 per year I think. It's covered anywhere in Aust & N.Z.

FollowupID: 304785

Follow Up By: Nav 80 - Friday, Jan 09, 2004 at 18:34

Friday, Jan 09, 2004 at 18:34
Gday Matt,,,The insurance I have on the fridges and gen set with QBE is a seperate policy just for the above and is not part of the vehicle policy.
They are listed items, new for old, no excess and covered anywhere in Aust and NZ @ about $84.00 per year. I originaly had them listed in a GIO contents policy same as Mick has stated above but one day got a letter from GIO stating they were not covered unless I payed another $100 plus so then went to QBE. Never thought I would ever have to make a claim as I am usually very carefull with that stuff but am now glad I had the insurance.
FollowupID: 304834

Sponsored Links