Upgrades to my Trackabout

Submitted: Sunday, May 27, 2012 at 19:16
ThreadID: 95842 Views:2393 Replies:0 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Hi all,

Not sure whether it has been posted up here yet but Trackabout, after going into administration, was bought and taken over by new owners. Thought I'd mention my experience with the new owners of Trackabout.

I had recently bought a 2nd hand (2006 model) Trackabout Safari Deluxe camper trailer (a couple of months ago), and I've just had it in there with Rob to have a few things done on it - initially I went in asking him about getting some touchup paint for the drawbar!

1. Previous owner of my CT must have driven off with the jockey wheel down. It still worked but barely, and was welded to the frame. The guys at trackabout removed it, cleaned up the welds and bolted on a new heavy duty replacement.

2. In 2006 they mustn't have included the full mud flap arrangement on the stone guard, so I had a few stone chips on the drawbar - so it seemed to make sense at the same time to get them to respray the drawbar. As it turned out, my stone guard was broken as well, so I had them fit a new stone guard with the flaps on it.

3. Then I thought well if I'm respraying the drawbar, maybe now is the time to replace the AT35 hitch with an Ozhitch, which suits my needs better.

4. And at the same time, I had a think about trying to pack away a wet shovel into the 100 series on recent trips - so since they are on the other side of town from me I don't want to have to go back again soon - so I got the guys at Trackabout to fit up a shovel of my choice into new mounts on the front of the trailer.

They even did a bit of paint touchup on some other bits with leftover paint.

All up it was a great experience. At a little over $1000 for all of the above the price was great, and from the front my CT looks like a brand new one.

BTW I have absolutely no affiliation with Trackabout - had never dealt with them before. I went with the brand after seeing a number of 2nd hand CTs.

Thanks to Rob. He knows his Trackabouts.

As a side note I now have a complete AT35 hitch (car and trailer side) for sale - very good condition and only a few years old.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Sponsored Links