2010 Retreat Macquarrie Caravan

Submitted: Sunday, May 27, 2012 at 22:30
ThreadID: 95849 Views:3368 Replies:3 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Hi,

Just purchased a 2010 retreat caravan in WA. The dealer has gone bust and the previous owner doesn't fully understand the operation of the multi positions switch that controls power in the van. It is a dial with positions "0" to "3" and some how selects between 240v and 12v power. If anyone is familiar with the operation of the system it would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Doug
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: graham B9 - Sunday, May 27, 2012 at 22:36

Sunday, May 27, 2012 at 22:36
Dough I take it you are refering the switch above the stove top.

The 3 settings are for

Off. This switches all the power off to the van

12V This is for when you are towing the van and takes power from the tow vehcile

240V This for when yuo are plugged into power mains.

Normally there are writing at each position but yours must have had it remover. There is also a normal switch right next to the caravan door. It has a black switch inside a white case. This also cuts power to the van as well.

I will see if I have pictures. You can ring Retreat in Melbourne and the can help as well. The paperwork for he van should cover this as well.
AnswerID: 486951

Follow Up By: baz&pud (Tassie) - Monday, May 28, 2012 at 08:57

Monday, May 28, 2012 at 08:57
Hi yu D&C
We have a Lotus Trooper, which has a similar switch as stated above but used as follows,
0 = no power to the van at all.
1 = when attached to 240v or stationary, using 12v.
2 = when travelling, power supplied by the tug.
Hope this helps.
Cheers
Baz
Go caravaning, life is so much shorter than death.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Position  Send Message

FollowupID: 762226

Reply By: Member - Arsenal Phill - Sunday, May 27, 2012 at 22:46

Sunday, May 27, 2012 at 22:46
Hi Doug. We've just purchased a Retreat Fraser and just come back from our first camp with it. Extemely pleased. The official people to contact as agents now in Perth is Perth RV in Mandurah. We have found them difficult to communicate with but if you get hold of Brendon in Brisbane, at Burpengary RV, he really gets things moving as he is the boss. He is excellent to deal with, and have never given us any indication that he felt anything was too much trouble.

All the best

AnswerID: 486952

Reply By: Doug & Carol- Monday, May 28, 2012 at 22:38

Monday, May 28, 2012 at 22:38
Thank you all for you help. I am still unsure of the purpose of all 4 positions of the switch ('0', '1', '2' & '3') I called Brisbane RV but they basically said it depended on the electrician that wired it up which seems odd, I will try to call another dealer this week. If anyone know which position it mains voltage, which is 12v from the tug and which is 12v from the van battery it would be great.

Cheers

Doug
AnswerID: 487055

Sponsored Links