Hema GPS tracks

Submitted: Sunday, May 27, 2012 at 23:00
ThreadID: 95851 Views:1857 Replies:1 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Does the new HN6 have the Colson, Madigan & Hay river tracks installed? What detail would be shown for example on Santa Teresa area? Does it just show topography or any tracks? We live and work out there occasionally, so am curious whether the local tracks to the springs etc are shown. If anyone can have a play on their GPS I would be interested to know.

Cheers
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: The Explorer - Monday, May 28, 2012 at 09:21

Monday, May 28, 2012 at 09:21
Hi
Yes the tracks you mention are shown on Hema's Great Desert Track Maps which come with the HN6..screen shot from PC below.(Note - apparently there is no actual track along the "Madigan Line" ..GPS points for camps are however shown)

Image Could Not Be Found

Keep in mind you are not restricted to the maps that come with the unit ...you can use any map that is in a supported format (and calibrated) so if you find a digital map that you like ..you can load and use that.

The 250K topo maps supplied on the HN6 show topography and some tracks to nearby springs at Santa Teresa...screen shot below...

Image Could Not Be Found

As mentioned you may be able to get hold of even better maps for some areas.

Cheers
Greg
I sent one final shout after him to stick to the track, to which he replied “All right,” That was the last ever seen of Gibson - E Giles 23 April 1874

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 486973

Follow Up By: craigandej - Tuesday, May 29, 2012 at 20:21

Tuesday, May 29, 2012 at 20:21
Thanks greg, that was exactly the info I was looking for. Great to see some decent maps of that area on GPS. I will order one for sure.
FollowupID: 762373

Sponsored Links