Review: Hema Navigator 6

My Shop Item Rating: My Rating 3/5

I am happy with the HN6 but very disappointed with the Quick Start Guide supplied and the online manual. They badly need rewriting to make learning how to use the unit a simple process. I still have not really used the HN6 on a trip but I am coming to grips with its use.
If it is to be, then it is up to me!

GregK5202

My Profile  My Position  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - peter & dawn m (QLD) - Thursday, May 31, 2012 at 16:15

Thursday, May 31, 2012 at 16:15
i got are hema a couple of years ago & found that the instruction book tells you how it work not how to use them very frustrating ,but i am old born [B/C] before computers !! SWAMPY
AnswerID: 487285

Follow Up By: Member - GregK5202 Qld - Friday, Jun 01, 2012 at 12:28

Friday, Jun 01, 2012 at 12:28
I was using street nav inside and the unit was continually looking for satellites. I had seen somewhere in the users guide how to turn it off; I could not find it again. No index to help find simple functions. In OziExplorer it a simple process, select the icon and press, satellite search off.

The guide has pages and pages on how to use Bluetooth, view videos, play music, view photos; I thought it was a navigator! All the very basic info like entering an address is there but who needs that.

Anyway I still need to use the unit properly, from playing with it inside it seems good. It is all ready with a route to the Cape for later this year.

GregK5202

FollowupID: 762604

Reply By: David16 - Thursday, May 31, 2012 at 20:23

Thursday, May 31, 2012 at 20:23
Hi Greg,

I picked one up last week and found sitting in the lounge playing with it got me up to speed pretty quick, what I have also found is that I have been getting FM radio interference when it is charging via the cigarette socket, have you experienced this?

David
AnswerID: 487308

Follow Up By: Member - GregK5202 Qld - Friday, Jun 01, 2012 at 12:37

Friday, Jun 01, 2012 at 12:37
Hi David,

I have only had it connected to the computer for charging so far.

Another gripe I had was that it always starts a route from your present location, that is fair enough. I was not home and I wanted the route from home so I made home the next way point. All good so far. Then I spent hours trying to find how to erase the starting point. It is in there somewhere but no index to tell you where to look. I eventually found it and now know the total length of my route accurately.

Greg.

GregK5202

FollowupID: 762605

Follow Up By: Member - GregK5202 Qld - Thursday, Jun 07, 2012 at 14:41

Thursday, Jun 07, 2012 at 14:41
Hi David,

Drove to Brisbane today. Powered the HN6 with the lighter socket connection, tuned in FM and had no interference.

Greg.

GregK5202

FollowupID: 763090

Follow Up By: David16 - Thursday, Jun 07, 2012 at 22:31

Thursday, Jun 07, 2012 at 22:31
Thanks for the follow up Greg,

I drove unto Talbot in Victoria today from Melbourne and it is still playing up, the 4x4 shop I got it from think the charger is faulty, I will have to contact hema to replace it.

Regards David
FollowupID: 763118

Sponsored Links

Popular Products (13)