Woolworths fuel

Submitted: Thursday, Jan 08, 2004 at 15:03
ThreadID: 9591 Views:6623 Replies:9 FollowUps:18
This Thread has been Archived
Hi,

Can anyone in Brisy tell me where the woolworths plus fuel stations are located on the way in from Rocky (Bruce Hwy) and on the way out to the border to Balina.

Thanks
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Viola - Thursday, Jan 08, 2004 at 15:21

Thursday, Jan 08, 2004 at 15:21
Darling hopefully this will keep you happy
Split your groceries into smaller lots of $30 through the cash register to get more dockets.
+PLUS PETROL - ACACIA RIDGE
+PLUS PETROL - ALEXANDRA HILLS
+PLUS PETROL - ALLENSTOWN
+PLUS PETROL - AUSTRALIA FAIR
+PLUS PETROL - AYR
+PLUS PETROL - BEENLEIGH
+PLUS PETROL - BILOELA
+PLUS PETROL - BOOVAL
+PLUS PETROL - BROOKSIDE
+PLUS PETROL - BROWNS PLAINS
+PLUS PETROL - BROWNS PLAINS WEST
+PLUS PETROL - BUNDABERG WEST
+PLUS PETROL - BURPENGARY
+PLUS PETROL - CABOOLTURE
+PLUS PETROL - CAPALABA
+PLUS PETROL - CASTLETOWN
+PLUS PETROL - CHANCELLOR PARK
+PLUS PETROL - CHARTERS TOWERS
+PLUS PETROL - CLONCURRY
+PLUS PETROL - CORNUBIA
+PLUS PETROL - DEAGON
+PLUS PETROL - DECEPTION BAY
+PLUS PETROL - EARLVILLE
+PLUS PETROL - EMERALD
+PLUS PETROL - FOREST LAKE
+PLUS PETROL - GOODNA
+PLUS PETROL - GYMPIE
+PLUS PETROL - HERMIT PARK
+PLUS PETROL - JIMBOOMBA
+PLUS PETROL - KEPERRA
+PLUS PETROL - KINGAROY
+PLUS PETROL - KINGSTON
+PLUS PETROL - MACGREGOR
+PLUS PETROL - MANGO HILL
+PLUS PETROL - MANLY
+PLUS PETROL - MARGATE
+PLUS PETROL - MITCHELTON
+PLUS PETROL - MT COTTON
+PLUS PETROL - MT ISA
+PLUS PETROL - MT OMMANEY
+PLUS PETROL - MURARRIE
+PLUS PETROL - NORTHGATE
+PLUS PETROL - NORTHSIDE PLAZA
+PLUS PETROL - OXENFORD
+PLUS PETROL - OXLEY
+PLUS PETROL - RAINTREES
+PLUS PETROL - RANGE
+PLUS PETROL - ROBINA
+PLUS PETROL - SLACKS CREEK
+PLUS PETROL - SOUTHPORT
+PLUS PETROL - TAIGUM
+PLUS PETROL - TWEED HEADS MALL
+PLUS PETROL - URANGAN
+PLUS PETROL - WARWICK
+PLUS PETROL - WILSONTON
+PLUS PETROL - WOODLANDS
+PLUS PETROL - WOODRIDGE
+PLUS PETROL - YAMANTO
CALTEX WOOLWORTH PETROL - NORGATE STAR (MACKAY)
CALTEX WOOLWORTHS PETROL - BRASSALL
CALTEX WOOLWORTHS PETROL - BROADBEACH
CALTEX WOOLWORTHS PETROL - CAIRNS TROPICAL STAR
CALTEX WOOLWORTHS PETROL - KENMORE
CALTEX WOOLWORTHS PETROL - KIPPA-RING
CALTEX WOOLWORTHS PETROL - RICHLANDS
CALTEX WOOLWORTHS PETROL - ROCHEDALE
CALTEX WOOLWORTHS PETROL - STAFFORD
WOOLWORTHS PETROL - BUNDABERG WEST
AnswerID: 42243

Follow Up By: Ray - Thursday, Jan 08, 2004 at 17:36

Thursday, Jan 08, 2004 at 17:36
Thanks Voila.
FollowupID: 304697

Reply By: ThePublican - Thursday, Jan 08, 2004 at 17:08

Thursday, Jan 08, 2004 at 17:08
Well there you go, a full list, just remember that on the nth side of brisvagas, all your discount vouchers are worth diddly squat,,DEAGON is consistantly 1.9 cents per ltr higher in price AFTER DISCOUNT than all the other main stream servos in the immediate area,,go figure.
AnswerID: 42255

Follow Up By: Ray - Thursday, Jan 08, 2004 at 17:36

Thursday, Jan 08, 2004 at 17:36
Hi,

Thanks for the advice. So where is the cheapest place to buy on the way into Brisy??

Regards
FollowupID: 304696

Follow Up By: Moose - Thursday, Jan 08, 2004 at 17:37

Thursday, Jan 08, 2004 at 17:37
I assume you are referring to the northern suburbs because I can't say that has been my experience further north in Qld. It's great on the western side of town where the discount is worth something - or at least it is where we are.
FollowupID: 304698

Follow Up By: David N. - Friday, Jan 09, 2004 at 10:17

Friday, Jan 09, 2004 at 10:17
Ray, the cheapest place coming from the North -for diesel- is actually Gympie. Fill there and you'll nearly always find it's cheaper than Dodge city.
Once you're coming in to Brisbane, hang a left at the first set of lights (Beams Rd) and you'll find a Woolies 3 or4 kays along on the left.
Cheers
FollowupID: 304781

Reply By: ThePublican - Thursday, Jan 08, 2004 at 17:43

Thursday, Jan 08, 2004 at 17:43
The only time to fuel up is tue pm.
AnswerID: 42259

Reply By: Stewbag - Thursday, Jan 08, 2004 at 20:50

Thursday, Jan 08, 2004 at 20:50
Damn i wouldn`t use that crap in my lawnmower!!The gov is changing the law so they wont be able to bring it into the country soon.But hey motor rebuilds are cheap.
Cya`s
AnswerID: 42276

Follow Up By: Viola - Thursday, Jan 08, 2004 at 21:58

Thursday, Jan 08, 2004 at 21:58
Darling bably little Stewbag thankfully for the rest of the service stations there are ignorant fools like you around that bandy information with no knowledge
FollowupID: 304717

Follow Up By: Member - Ed. C.- Thursday, Jan 08, 2004 at 23:12

Thursday, Jan 08, 2004 at 23:12
Viola,
Will you marry me ?????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Confucius say.....
"He who lie underneath automobile with tool in hand............
Not necessarily mechanic!!"
FollowupID: 304741

Follow Up By: Nomad - Friday, Jan 09, 2004 at 00:19

Friday, Jan 09, 2004 at 00:19
Hey Stewbag

99% of the diesel I put in my 3lt Patrol is from Woolies. Never had a bad batch yet. Can you imagine a place like Woolies selling bad fuel??? Would knock their socks off mate. They could not afford to sell crap fuel!!

But yes watch out for the opposition prices and make sure you get your discount value.

Cheers
Nomad
FollowupID: 304751

Reply By: landrover75 - Friday, Jan 09, 2004 at 01:43

Friday, Jan 09, 2004 at 01:43
mate my mechanic warned me away from that woolworths pertol, apparently its just some cheap bleep that they import in and sell for cheaper.
it actually clogged the injectors on one of our cars.
if your 4wd is your passion, like mine is, just fork out the extra 4 cents, and your fourbie will treat you right in return.

Lloyd
AnswerID: 42309

Follow Up By: Old Soldier - Friday, Jan 09, 2004 at 09:22

Friday, Jan 09, 2004 at 09:22
Quote: "apparently its just some cheap bleep that they import and sell for cheaper"

What a brainless comment.

YOUR mechanic warned you away from it??

Oh good - we'd all better listen to him and not go there.

Really Lloyd, use what brains you were given.

Can you honestly imagine the one of the biggest retailers in the country importing "cheap bleep " (your words - not mine)???

They would have too much to lose in the market place.

BTW, I do NOT shop at Woolworths - nor do I buy fuel from them.

DennisN

FollowupID: 304776

Follow Up By: chrisfrd - Friday, Jan 09, 2004 at 15:03

Friday, Jan 09, 2004 at 15:03
Actually,

The fuel is imported from Indonesia. It is refined Timor shelf stuff.

The only problem is in it's cleanleness and variability. The "premium" petrols that Woolies sell barely obtains this official classification and has more toluene and water in it that what say BP or Shell would allow.

In fact, it's quiet poorly blended fuel - Not to say that it's bad fuel. I oppose the use of Woolies fuel, as it is usually the stuff that Shell and BP would not blend themselves. It HAS BEEN KNOWN to destroy engines and fuel systems of cars, (Ford Motor Company Australia refuse warranty claims for damaged engines or fuel systems if this fuel has been used), but then again, I've picked up a bad batch of fuel from Mobil once.

For Diesel, their fuel has one of the lowest sulpher contents in Austrlia. This is fantastic for the environment, but not good for your injectors or pump seals. You won't see the damage for a few years yet, but it will happen eventually. It's also the dirtiest by far, with over 700ppm of unrestrained contaminents (that's bleep floating around in the fuel) compared with the national standard of 200ppm. (Source is Univerity of Adelaide)

Additionally, the fuel that United sells is typically Shell fuel (if they are pushed then it's Mobil/Caltex), made here in Australia and it typically the cleanest fuel available.
FollowupID: 304810

Follow Up By: William - Friday, Jan 09, 2004 at 17:58

Friday, Jan 09, 2004 at 17:58
chrisfrd you are the most stupid ignorant fool I have come across for a long time.
All your statements are completely baseless and without any foundations whatsoever.
I would suggest you post your full name, address and phone contact details, which I know you would be far to chicken and scared to do, so Woolworths and Fords lawyers could catch up with you. You may like to know that all fuel companies use imported fuel at times, and Woolworths often use local refined fuel. You need to realise I am employed by a major Australian vehicle company and it could be the one you mention and there is no issue whatsoever with any major brand of fuel regarding warranty claims and that includes Woolworths Plus Petrol.
Your statements about 'more toluene and water' are the most stupid ridiculous statement this year.
Chrisfrd you are so ignorant and stupid whose fuel do you think is used right across the northern part of Australia. Yes it is all imported fuel from Indonesia or Singapore and has never caused any problems.
The only outlets caught so far with ethanol or other illegal additives to petrol or diesel have been the independent outlets. To date no major fuel company including Woolworths Plus Petrol has been caught with ethanol or toluene in their fuel.
FollowupID: 304826

Follow Up By: Member - Ed. C.- Friday, Jan 09, 2004 at 18:27

Friday, Jan 09, 2004 at 18:27
Hey William,

No need to sugar-coat it...........

Say what you really think !!!!!

heheheh.... (sorry, couldn't resist)

Regards, Ed. C.Confucius say.....
FollowupID: 304831

Follow Up By: William - Friday, Jan 09, 2004 at 18:47

Friday, Jan 09, 2004 at 18:47
Ed. C. you just cannot let such diatribe go unanswered.
A company like Woolworths which is incidentally the largest employer in regional Australia would never be dumb or stupid enough to sell fuel that was not up to standard. The ramifications of doing such a thing to their name and market share would be far to damaging.

I even use the Woolworths Ezybanking now as there are no charges and you get loyalty cheques. The Ezybanking is with the Commonwealth Bank that were charging me $5.00 a month account keeping fee, now I get it for free and rewards. It is far easier to get cash or do your banking at Woolworths or Safeway outlets than going to the bank. You can still do Internet and phone banking and have the use of all usual facilities. Check out the advantages Woolworths Ezybanking
FollowupID: 304838

Follow Up By: Member - Ed. C.- Friday, Jan 09, 2004 at 19:47

Friday, Jan 09, 2004 at 19:47
G'day William,
FWIW, I agree 100% with your views (on Woolworths)...
I was just having a "dig", certainly no offence meant...
I am another who has been using Woolworths fuel exclusively since they started selling it, and have had no fuel-related problems whatsoever...
I also have a substantial (for me, anyway) investment in Woolworths shares, so I have a fair idea what goes on in the boardroom, and you are absolutely correct... There is no way they would (knowingly) do anything which could damage their reputation thereby affecting MARKET SHARE !!!...
BTW, for those who are in the habit of "bagging" major corporations (such as Woolworths), calling them "rip-off artists" etc. etc....
Woolworths stated policy is " High volume, LOW MARGIN", meaning that the actual profit (percentage-wise) on individual items is quite low, relying on VOLUME to generate profit, therefore the presence of such a retailer in the marketplace is a major factor in keeping prices (to the consumer) down.... Not the other way, as some would like to believe

Regards, Ed. C.Confucius say.....
FollowupID: 304839

Follow Up By: chrisfrd - Monday, Jan 12, 2004 at 10:25

Monday, Jan 12, 2004 at 10:25
Ed.C,

I've got $18,000 invested in Woolies (and $9000 in coles.)

Did so 15 years ago when I worked for their fleet management division of Purity in Tasmania.

Coles shares belong to my wife. I buy Woolies when I can, but I don't use their fuel.
FollowupID: 305017

Reply By: AndrewX - Friday, Jan 09, 2004 at 06:12

Friday, Jan 09, 2004 at 06:12
The lack of logic re quality fuel astounds me! It clogged up the injectors on one of your cars? Just picked on one - didn't clog the rest? I use Safeway/Woolies/Coles/Shell/BP/Mobil/Caltex. CAn't pick the difference. But my vehicle is in good condition so I don't have to blame the fuel for other failings! Think about this - How many refineries are there? Many brands come from a very few sources - many are the same. Re pricing you will always find prices are in part determined by what people are prepared to pay. Thus if you shop in a poorer area you will get lower prices in fuel, food clothing etc. Similarly in a wealthier area the prices will be higher - quite simple really.
AnswerID: 42312

Follow Up By: chrisfrd - Friday, Jan 09, 2004 at 15:36

Friday, Jan 09, 2004 at 15:36
Well,

From this point of veiw, you are talking about a REFINING PROCESS!

There are good quality products, average quality and poor quality products coming from the same refiner.

Depending on their quality control processes, the good quality fuels (fuels with high octane, low contamination and bio-organics) with a good blend of quality additives. The most notable (notorious) additive to avoid is MTBE (methyl tertiary-butyl ether)

Not to say that there is anything wrong with the Woolies product, but I wouldn't be purchasing it as I have a fair idea as to what is going into it.

Most of Woolies fuel is coming in from overseas, particularly the Idonesian area refiners such as Pertamina and Seruni Indah (The government owned refiner known world-wide to be putting in excessive amounts of MTBE and Toluene in their blends to cut costs!)
FollowupID: 304812

Follow Up By: William - Friday, Jan 09, 2004 at 18:28

Friday, Jan 09, 2004 at 18:28
chrisfrd seen you know so little about anything and have no idea about fuel I would suggest you go and read this information and get somebody to explain it to you in simple basic English Woolworths Plus Petrol and MTBE
FollowupID: 304833

Follow Up By: macca - Friday, Jan 09, 2004 at 21:27

Friday, Jan 09, 2004 at 21:27
William : An interesting article re Woolworths Plus. Shoots a few stupid statements down !!
I used WW Diesel in my cruiser and clocked up 350K with it and would say that at least 70% of the time I used WW. in fact any time when travelling I would look out for it as a cost saving . I NEVER had any dramas with injectors or any other sort of drama with the fuel.
I just wish those that are espousing their crap here would back up there "stories" with some hard facts and not hearsay
off me soap box now!
FollowupID: 304849

Follow Up By: chrisfrd - Saturday, Jan 10, 2004 at 10:45

Saturday, Jan 10, 2004 at 10:45
Hrm,

William, (bill) I think that you may need to get your hand off it before it falls off.

Read my post again, get thatbleepING HUGE arrogant chip off your shoulder, and try it again.

I'm stating that it's not high-quality fuel. I'm not saying you shouldn't use it. If you have and it works for you, good on ya. However, if your vehicle stuffs out using it, then fool be use. Additionally, I draw your attention to service articles issued by Ford last year about toluene and other contaminants in the fuel. Being that I am not in possesion of this article, and that you work as a over grown mechanic, then you should be able to find it yourself.

I also speak from a factual, objective standpoint, whereas you try to bedassle people with a tirade of insults and conjecture. Until you know who I am and what I do, then you have no basis to comment.

To end, I would suggest that you do something called "Research", something that I am involved with everyday. You will find that what I have stated is completely factual. By the way, I never hide anything.

Regards,

Chris Ford
chrisfrd(at)iprimus.com.au
FollowupID: 304885

Reply By: David N. - Friday, Jan 09, 2004 at 10:12

Friday, Jan 09, 2004 at 10:12
I have had a few batches of VERY bad fuel while travelling away from home. Had to drain my tank twice! Some idiots had watered it down with heating oil or god knows what etc etc

Then along came Woolies and now when travelling I use nothing else. Result- never a problem. It's reliably clean and consistent- I look it for it anytime I'm in unfamiliar territory.
AnswerID: 42328

Reply By: colin - Friday, Jan 09, 2004 at 19:34

Friday, Jan 09, 2004 at 19:34
well folks woollys get their fuel direct from BP, go back a couple of years when BP lowered the sulpher content and heaps of people with pre 95 diesals had seal problems on their pumps well BP repaired free of charge all these vehicles if you bought fuel from, they gave a list of all their out lets and one of them was woollys, they fixed mine on receipt of woollys receipt. Col
AnswerID: 42387

Reply By: Stewbag - Friday, Jan 09, 2004 at 19:39

Friday, Jan 09, 2004 at 19:39
Damn you are a firey lot!Lol.Thanks to viola,darling how sweet you are!I was saying what i saw on a abc program.You can run your car on turps if you like, i dont care.But the way i have always seen it you get what you pay for.I would run my car on bp 100 if i could afford it.If i had a cheap car i would run kmart fuel to.Horses for courses i guess.Didn`t mean to upset you lot.
Cya`s
AnswerID: 42390

Sponsored Links