Return from South Australia

Submitted: Thursday, May 31, 2012 at 19:18
ThreadID: 95938 Views:1473 Replies:4 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Hi Guys

Wife and I have just returned from our "shake down trip", had a great trip and yes we have decided that we want more travel in Oz. This trip covered 8000 klm and travelled through Eyre Peninsula Peninsula Clare Valley and finally a short visit to the Flinders. Would like to share some photos on the Forum but just downloading my profile picture took too long, any tips , please.....using Windows XP. Good to be back to the Forum.
Brian (WA)
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Toyocrusa (NSW) - Thursday, May 31, 2012 at 19:57

Thursday, May 31, 2012 at 19:57
g Brian. You need to reduce the size of the photo. I think it is 800 Kb or less. I highlight the photos I wish to upload,click on FILE, go down to SEND,choose MAIL RECIPIENT and it will load the photos and ask you if you want to resize them. Choose about half size and OK. Send them to yourself,save them in a folder, (I call it Email Photos) You can then upload them from that folder at a faster rate and it is easy as. Cheers,Bob.
AnswerID: 487305

Follow Up By: Member - Toyocrusa (NSW) - Thursday, May 31, 2012 at 19:58

Thursday, May 31, 2012 at 19:58
Sorry,that should be "Gday Brian"
FollowupID: 762538

Reply By: Member - Brian R (WA) - Thursday, May 31, 2012 at 20:38

Thursday, May 31, 2012 at 20:38
and Gday to you , Bob
Many thanks.....you have solved the problem , I'm sure.
Would have posted when we were on the road but the the Laptop has Windows 7 which I gave up on
Brian
AnswerID: 487309

Reply By: Member - Fred B (NT) - Thursday, May 31, 2012 at 23:10

Thursday, May 31, 2012 at 23:10
Hi Brian,
download "Light image resizer" from the web, it's free, and it will do your images in bulk and resize to go on web pages. Don't forget to make copies of your images first so you don't actually reduce and save the original images to the reduced size. It is very simple to use.
regards
Fred B
VKS 737: Mobile/Selcall 1334

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 487330

Reply By: Member - Stephen L (Clare SA) - Friday, Jun 01, 2012 at 14:11

Friday, Jun 01, 2012 at 14:11
Hi Brian

Great to hear that you enjoyed yourselves on your recent shake down trip.

I have found the easies way to manage photos for blogs and on any type of computer system, eg Windows or Mac, is to use the free programme by Google called Picasa.

It is dead easy to use and has many great features and the ability do downsize hundreds of images in just seconds.

Have a look at a Blog I wrote on manking Blogs stand out and the various size images can have on the final look.

Make your Blog Stand Out

Give it a go and you will be set for ever.

Cheers

Stephen

Smile like a Crocodile

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 487374

Sponsored Links