Important Update for Hema HN 6 Users

Submitted: Thursday, May 31, 2012 at 21:19
ThreadID: 95946 Views:3102 Replies:1 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
Hi All

I had an issue with my new HN 6 that may not bother many people, altitude issues when importing waypoints onto the new system. When importing waypoints that I had recorded, the Altitude would only show in imperial "Feet" yet I had the system set to metric. I would then reload the same waypoints in normal Ozi and no problems at all.

I am no stranger to OziExplorer and after checking my settings, then checking again, I still had the same problem. I then rang the Technicians at Hema, and spoke with a chap named Robert.

Typical of Hema, he was very professional and very helpful and had the same issue that I was having. He said he had only heard of the issue once, but not first hand and would look into the issue for me.

True to word, he sent me an email today with a fix for the issue and now all is sweet and displaying the way it should.

If you have the new HN 6, then I would like to share this important update and here is the link:

Important Hema HN 6 Update

Here is a before and after screen shot, so you can see what I am repairing to.

Image Could Not Be Found

Image Could Not Be Found

I hope this help you out.

Cheers

Stephen
Smile like a Crocodile

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: The Explorer - Friday, Jun 01, 2012 at 00:11

Friday, Jun 01, 2012 at 00:11
Hi

Just to clarify - the "update" is a new version of Hema Navigator Explorer (a cut down version of OziExplorer for the PC) and nothing to do with the software on the HN6, HN5, HN5i (i.e. OziExplorerCE).

If you are using the full registered version of OziExplorer (PC version) then you dont really need to use Hema Navigator Explorer (and therefore wont be bothered by any shortcomings..well thats my opinion).

It appears to be a simplified "introductory" version of the full OziExplorer for new chums... but does have some handy HN specific waypoint/track/route and map import/export short cuts...but lacks many of the main functions (e.g. ability to calibrate your own maps).

Cheers
Greg
I sent one final shout after him to stick to the track, to which he replied “All right,” That was the last ever seen of Gibson - E Giles 23 April 1874

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 487334

Follow Up By: Member - Stephen L (Clare SA) - Friday, Jun 01, 2012 at 13:58

Friday, Jun 01, 2012 at 13:58
Hi Greg

What you say is very true and I only ever use the full Ozi Version.

The advantage of using the software supplies with the new HN 6 is that there are still a number of people that do not have or use Ozi. In that case they will never know of the issue, as the HN 6 does not have the ability to record Altitude when marking waypoints.

The only reason why I followed it through was I found it annoying having the details in feet when I have it clearly set on metric.

This new system is now easier than before for importing and exporting track data and waypoints than on the older HN5.

Cheers

Stephen
Smile like a Crocodile

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

FollowupID: 762610

Follow Up By: The Explorer - Friday, Jun 01, 2012 at 14:12

Friday, Jun 01, 2012 at 14:12
Hi

No worries ..dont get me wrong - the Hema/OziExplorer guys (and you:) have their finger on the pulse and have created this program for the exact purpose you mention. Not everyone wants to fork out even more $ after purchasing the HN for the full blown Ozi. Being able to mess around with tracks/waypoints etc on your PC with this free program is a bonus. In reality I only use a small number of functions in Oz has myself so I could almost (but not quite) get by with this simplified version.

I am also sure HN/Ozi and HN users appreciate your input to ongoing improvements.

I am tossing up whether to get HN6 ...maybe next financial year.

Cheers
Greg
I sent one final shout after him to stick to the track, to which he replied “All right,” That was the last ever seen of Gibson - E Giles 23 April 1874

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

FollowupID: 762611

Sponsored Links