Satelite Dish System

Hi,all. We are about to purchase our second Satelite system as we had one on our previous van which was a Oyster twin with dual card system, although we had a few minor problems with it we are just wondering if there are other systems on the market.I am currently looking at the Autosat by Intellisat Pty Ltd and are wondering if other travellers have any comments regarding any of the systems , Like Warranty, after sales service, Etc. would love to hear from others re there experiences with Satelite systems.
Thank you all in advance and safe travels, regards Harry " H "

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: PeterInSa - Friday, Jun 01, 2012 at 11:02

Friday, Jun 01, 2012 at 11:02
On another Forum, somebody was looking at a Vansat system for $3,000, my understanding this was an 85cm dish on the roof of the caravan. Do not know if it came with a vast receiver, probably not at this price. But probably worth a phone call.

Have seen a lot of these systems in our travels, not necessarily the 3k unit maybe the dearer setups.

Mention was also made about plastic or metal gears, I do not know, the difference in longevity. my roller doors have plastic gears and have last 15 years or so, but then again they are not trying to hold an 85cm dish firm in a strong wind.

With sola panels a/cond and Windgard TV aerail as well as a vent or 3 on our van roof do not have the space to fit a roof top dish.

Peter
AnswerID: 487366

Follow Up By: P2D2 - Friday, Jun 01, 2012 at 21:12

Friday, Jun 01, 2012 at 21:12
Vansat would be my last choice.
FollowupID: 762645

Reply By: Member - Rod N (QLD) - Friday, Jun 01, 2012 at 11:55

Friday, Jun 01, 2012 at 11:55
An Oyster system is available fromSatplus for $4,900 and does not include decoders. If you require VAST FTA and pay TV you will require two separate decoders.
I just use a manual dish without any problems.
AnswerID: 487369

Sponsored Links