Canning Stock Route proposed changes to permits

Hi all,

here is a heads up that things are about to change re permits for the CSR. I got this from Westprint Friday at Five.

Information from 4WDAustralia.

From the end of 2012 4WD Australia will not be administering permits for the CSR. As from the 28th May 2012, the Kanyirninpa Jukurrpa (KJ), will start doing permits. 4WDA will continue until end of 2012. KJ won’t be advertising to a great degree until their system is fully operational. They have put strategies in place for administering the CSR. The five title holders have got together and call themselves “Kuju Wangka” – One Voice. Their major reason for singularly operating the permit system is that when travellers are on the CSR they are asking for other permits to get into other areas and the KJ group stated that they want sole responsibility for all permits on the CSR. The permit now includes well 50 to 51.

There is a lot of difference between
‘Human Being’ and ‘Being Human’.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Mick O - Friday, Jun 01, 2012 at 18:17

Friday, Jun 01, 2012 at 18:17
Interesting news Phil. Has there been any word on a management strategy for the Calvert Ranges and will access to the area come under these new provisions? Can we expect to be able to make application for access to the Calverts after 2012?

We wait with bated breath.

Mick

''We knew from the experience of well-known travelers that the
trip would doubtless be attended with much hardship.''
Richard Maurice - 1903

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 487387

Follow Up By: Life Member - Phil B (WA) - Friday, Jun 01, 2012 at 19:11

Friday, Jun 01, 2012 at 19:11
Hi Mick

I have a 'suspicion' that permits will 'soon' be provided to the Calverts.
I 'suspect' also that you won’t be able to do your own thing; you'll only be allowed day trips and no camping out there.

I wouldn't be surprised if trailers don’t come in for special attention either, i.e. if you’re going to tow a trailer on the CSR the fee for a permit will be higher. I guess they’ll argue it’s ‘another vehicle’ putting more pressure on the track.

Having said the above, I’m sure we can all see the writing on the wall. The CSR just can't handle the pressure;
visitor numbers are climbing,
firewood availability is becoming a problem,
more rubbish is being left behind - burnt out vehicles, drums and bits that fall off vehicles

We are loving the CSR to death.

Now folks don’t shoot the messenger here, I’m only deducing the above from snippets I've picked up here and there.

Cheers
There is a lot of difference between
‘Human Being’ and ‘Being Human’.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

FollowupID: 762628

Sponsored Links