Downloading Waypoints

Submitted: Saturday, Jun 02, 2012 at 23:36
ThreadID: 95981 Views:2453 Replies:1 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
Hi All!
I'm hoping someone can help me. I have a Hema 5i and I am running OziExplorer maps. I am trying to download the waypoints from Western 4WDriver website but the files aren't coming through. They download as a zip file, I extract the files and then run them using OziExplorer but they don't show up. I have tried loading waypoints and loading tracks but there aren't any in the file when I open it. Can any one shed some light on where I am going wrong???
Cheers
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: The Explorer - Sunday, Jun 03, 2012 at 02:08

Sunday, Jun 03, 2012 at 02:08
Hi

The waypoints are in gpx format so once un-zipped use the LOAD - IMPORT GPX FILE function. You can then save the data in Ozi waypoint format if you want though HN5i + OziCe should recognise gpx anyway. Also I could not find any track data in the files, they all appear to be waypoints only.

Image Could Not Be Found

Also keep in mind that to view the waypoints in OziExplorer you need to have a map loaded of the same area in which the waypoints plot.

I downloaded the files you mentioned and all worked fine.

Image Could Not Be Found

Image Could Not Be Found

Cheers
Greg
I sent one final shout after him to stick to the track, to which he replied “All right,” That was the last ever seen of Gibson - E Giles 23 April 1874

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 487477

Follow Up By: Scottlaws - Sunday, Jun 03, 2012 at 11:24

Sunday, Jun 03, 2012 at 11:24
Thanks heaps for that, the issue is when I go to load there is no "Import GPX file"
I only have the first 6 options that show on your screen print.
Any ideas? Your help is greatly appreciated :)
FollowupID: 762765

Follow Up By: The Explorer - Sunday, Jun 03, 2012 at 11:37

Sunday, Jun 03, 2012 at 11:37
Hi - Ok. You must be using Hema Navigator Explorer (the cut down version of OziExplorer that comes free with HN's). This will only accept waypoints in OziExplorer format (*.wpt) by the looks...so ..

Several workarounds.

1. You could try downloading and using the Demo version of OziExplorer...which I think has full upload/download capabilities (but with other limitations). Assuming you dont want to pay for the full registered version. Upload the gpx files then save as normal Oziexplorer waypoint format (*.wpt) ...and go back to using Hema Navigator Explorer.

2. Convert the gpx files to OziExplorer waypoint (*.wpt) format using GPSBabel (or similar) - this is a free download.

3. I can email you the files in OziExplorer format.

If you want to proceed with option 3 let me know.

Cheers
Greg
I sent one final shout after him to stick to the track, to which he replied “All right,” That was the last ever seen of Gibson - E Giles 23 April 1874

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

FollowupID: 762767

Sponsored Links