Workshop manual for 4.5 L Petrol 80 series Cruiser

Submitted: Sunday, Apr 14, 2002 at 00:00
ThreadID: 960 Views:4079 Replies:2 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
I'm the proud owner of a 93 model 80 series petrol Landcruiser and would like to purchase a fairly comprehensive workshop manual.I live in a remote area & the only mechanic for 500k's is a dodgey one.I know there are a fair few workshop manuals about but I also know there are some better than others. Any feedback would be much appreciated, Thanks
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: charl makssi - Sunday, Apr 14, 2002 at 00:00

Sunday, Apr 14, 2002 at 00:00
greetings darren
i have for many years used gregory's and just lately i am using an american pulication by haynes for my GQ, if your choice is limited to these types of manuals go for gregory's, now the best manual to get would be the factory issue the only down side is cost for example nissan GQ which comes in five volumes
rrp $380-430 depending where it's bought. if toyota sell their manual's in volumes then you may only req engine and drive train which would at least half the cost. not sure where you live but if you require more info on factory manual's eg cost, volumes, ect let me know and i can make some call's to a few toyota dealers in melbourne.
regards charl.
AnswerID: 2823

Reply By: steve - Monday, May 13, 2002 at 00:00

Monday, May 13, 2002 at 00:00
Darren,

I also have a 1993 80 series 4500i, and I've found the Gregory's manual to be very good. Being non-mechanical, I've managed to change
the axle seals, separate and clean the CVs, repack everything and get it all back together again, using the book. (Might not sound much,
but given my previous experience I'm impressed!). Also covers the interior, electrical, engine, suspension, etc. I got it from the auto section
of K-Mart. Can't remember the cost, but can't have been more than $60.
AnswerID: 3494

Sponsored Links