Should I Buy ?

Submitted: Friday, Jan 09, 2004 at 08:04
ThreadID: 9604 Views:1718 Replies:2 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Hi all,

My search for a 4by is finally over........ I hope! Yesterday I can accross an excellent example of a 4ruuner but I'm not sure about the price. I'll be returning today to purchace. The vehicle is genuine and owned by a retired engineer. The 4runner has the following:
- 93 model
- 2.8D (only 90,000 km with books) serviced every 5k
- bull bar
- tow bar
- roof racks
- drive lights
- CB
- CD
- snorkel
- new BFG muddies
- lift

The vehicle drives brilliantly. While examining the vehicle I could not find a single fault. No oil leaks, rust or damage.

What would you expect to pay for such unit? Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Ross - Friday, Jan 09, 2004 at 08:52

Friday, Jan 09, 2004 at 08:52
Damien

Check out Redbook on the net. Should give you a fair indication what you should pay.

CheersFidei defensor

Rosco
AnswerID: 42318

Follow Up By: Damien - Friday, Jan 09, 2004 at 09:12

Friday, Jan 09, 2004 at 09:12
Thanks Ross,

We agreed on $15K. Probabably a little high although it is what I'm after.

Cheers
Damo
FollowupID: 304775

Reply By: Jeff (Beddo) - Friday, Jan 09, 2004 at 21:18

Friday, Jan 09, 2004 at 21:18
$15K sounds Ok to me - the Surfs are around that figure aswell for a 94 model or so with a 3L diesel - few extra goodies - but there are numerous people out there which say parts are hard to get (they are not). Anyway you will not have the added weight of all the electric goodies etc and so water crossing etc will not be a concern. With can hilux / 4Runner motor ensure you keep oil up to them - we had one that when the oil light showed it was too late - blew the motor (it was a fleet car). The 4Runner is a solid little beast - have fun.
PS. You will be confident when travelling out in remote areas knowing that the parts will be available for your 4Runner - there will be no feeling (would if you bought a Surf)that the hard to get parts may be true - even though they are not.Cheers, Beddo
Surf KZN185
<- Yengo NP, Central Coast NSW
AnswerID: 42408

Sponsored Links