Jackaroo 98TD staring problems

Submitted: Friday, Jan 09, 2004 at 10:26
ThreadID: 9607 Views:1470 Replies:5 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
I have just gone through all the steps ie replace injector and injector sleeve seals, replace oil with Penrite HPR5, replace both oil filters and finally new glowplugs (while receiving the Holden safety recall in the middle of all this!).
Problem is the mechanic is unable to get oil pressure into the common rail and therefore fire the injectors; does the changing of the second filter(the smaller one Holden originally said didn't need to be changed for the life of the motor) require some form of "bleeding'"to get the oil flowing?
I have also heard of a problem with a high pressure relief valve which has been known to stick open thus dumping oil into the sump rather than pressurising the rail.
Can anyone help?
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Tim - Friday, Jan 09, 2004 at 10:52

Friday, Jan 09, 2004 at 10:52
DJF
This may or may not be a similar thing that happend to my jack when the clutch got changed, when they were putting the box back in the fly wheel had to be rotated to a particular position or the car would not fire and I believe the diagnostic for not firing was some thing unrelated like oil pressure even though it had nothing to do with oil at all.
It could be something similar???
Tim
AnswerID: 42331

Reply By: Trent - Friday, Jan 09, 2004 at 14:41

Friday, Jan 09, 2004 at 14:41
DJF

Cant remember the exact details, but we often used to have problems with this type of fuel system on the smaller Caterpillar truck engines. They are very sensitive to the type of oil used and the oil level. Make sure teh fuel side of things is very well bled, then crank for a bit longer. Caterpillar actually worked with Isuzu to develop the system used by Isuzu, so they are very similar.
Any more problems, I'd give William Adams P/L, Truck Service, at Clayton a ring, 03 9566 0675. They were very good with these systems (HEUI, Hydraulic Electronic Unit Injection). They ar eht Victorian Caterpillar Dealer and were working with these systems about three years before it came out in the Jackeroo

Cheers
AnswerID: 42359

Reply By: Clarry - Friday, Jan 09, 2004 at 21:14

Friday, Jan 09, 2004 at 21:14
Must be a re-assembly thing.... wouldn't you love to have an Isuzu engineer working on it ? But no....here we are in Oz with a mob of well meaning and obliging mechanics (if you are lucky) but most of them are feeling their way with this engine still ! I change the small filter every 10,000 k - it always self primes on start up - never been an issue. The valve you mention might well be the issue.
I presume you are not getting the work done at a dealer - if, so.....good ! They seem to know least of all."This is a situation, up with which, we should no longer put ! (W. Churchill, on plans to reduce 4WD access in some parks).
AnswerID: 42407

Reply By: DJF - Saturday, Jan 10, 2004 at 11:59

Saturday, Jan 10, 2004 at 11:59
Tim, Trent,Clarry thanks for the replies and no I don't have it a a Holden dealer (I agree they are not very helpfull or knowledgeable - being polite!).I can't believe that they marketed this 4wd without knowing how to fix it!
I'm going through the painfull steps with a local mechanic who at least is interested enough to try and find out as much as he can to fix things. - seems hardly anyone in the trade even wants to help with the Jack turbo diesel. Still no joy with getting oil to the common rail tofir the injectors so any more thoughts are welcome.
AnswerID: 42471

Reply By: DJF - Saturday, Jan 10, 2004 at 12:00

Saturday, Jan 10, 2004 at 12:00
Tim, Trent,Clarry thanks for the replies and no I don't have it a a Holden dealer (I agree they are not very helpfull or knowledgeable - being polite!).I can't believe that they marketed this 4wd without knowing how to fix it!
I'm going through the painfull steps with a local mechanic who at least is interested enough to try and find out as much as he can to fix things. - seems hardly anyone in the trade even wants to help with the Jack turbo diesel. Still no joy with getting oil to the common rail tofir the injectors so any more thoughts are welcome.
AnswerID: 42472

Sponsored Links