Tyres for x Nissan trail

Submitted: Friday, Jun 08, 2012 at 10:34
ThreadID: 96109 Views:2297 Replies:3 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Hello everyone, We drive a xtrail and use it on beaches and sandy roads a lot . It does the job and not bad crossing creeks etc Any suggestions on the best tyres for this vehicle for off road travel. I know some of the more serious 4 x 4 use light truck wheels ?? johno and thanks
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: dthomas - Friday, Jun 08, 2012 at 12:47

Friday, Jun 08, 2012 at 12:47
Johno we owned a xtrail and put bf goodrich a/t on.
it worked well not to much road noise did what we needed on outback NSW trip and a trip to chambers pillar NT

cheers david
AnswerID: 487944

Reply By: olcoolone - Friday, Jun 08, 2012 at 12:53

Friday, Jun 08, 2012 at 12:53
I would go to a A/T tyre made by any other the leading brands..... you might have a problem with size.

With an Xtrail there is not much need to go any more aggressive as traction and ground clearance on more demanding tracks may become an issue.

Now I not saying this in a bad way but most more demanding tracks require stipulate 4wd only... when they say 4wd only most mean 4wd with low range.

An Xtrail is a 90% on road 10% light off road and if you went to a more aggressive tyre; the 90% part will be affected dramatically.

Have a friend who wanted better tyres for his series 4 Xtrail as he drives in wet and muddy paddocks and he was saying trying to find a better tyre more suited to what he does was nearly non existent...... I think he just uses a standard type tyre.

Have you looked on the Xtrail forum?

AnswerID: 487947

Reply By: Jedro77 - Wednesday, Jun 13, 2012 at 20:16

Wednesday, Jun 13, 2012 at 20:16
hey Johno, we have an Xtrail and I put Yokohama Geolandar AT/S on it. When looking around it seemed to be the only tread pattern in my size that was open enough to spit out a bit of mud. I have found it to be a good tyre but still without low range in mud it still struggles a bit. I have had it on the beach a couple of times and didn't have any troubles. More importantly I have found that it's on road performance has been surprising to say the least. My other half takes the corners pretty hard and they have not worn on the outer shoulder at all. There is a slight increase in noise compared to the road tyres, but that's the sacrifice you have to make.
Jedro
AnswerID: 488411

Sponsored Links