Cape York Solo Jimny

Submitted: Saturday, Jun 09, 2012 at 11:52
ThreadID: 96130 Views:4272 Replies:2 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
So... I've been planning a trip up the cape in august and the car I was going to tag along with has had to pull out :( I'm in a Suzuki Jimny and am now thinking of just going solo. Originally I was planning on tackling the OTT on the way north however now I'm a little more limited. Any advice on which crossings should absolutely be avoided if going solo?
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: klakka - Saturday, Jun 09, 2012 at 12:12

Saturday, Jun 09, 2012 at 12:12
Gday maeb
I did the OTL last August and there were a lot of people there at the same time, if you got into trouble there was nearly always somebody there to assist.
Would just suggest you have your own recovey gear, walk all the water crossings and pick your line first, have a snorkel fitted to the Zook, and a good set of tyres.
Most dfficult water crossing at the time was Nolans Brook because of its soft and sandy bottom, it is the last crossing on the track before the Jardine River.
AnswerID: 488004

Reply By: jojo - Saturday, Jun 09, 2012 at 15:11

Saturday, Jun 09, 2012 at 15:11
Hi Maeb,
Last August i also travelled the OTT, Solo. Don't worry about anything. Just walk the creeks and study the track lines of previous vehicles and you should not have any problems. Just Lower your tyre pressure and when committed crossing the creeks just don't stop. Nolans was the worse but don't let that scare you. You are never alone up There

Joe
AnswerID: 488019

Sponsored Links