Which way from Port Augusta left up to QLD or right to Vic and beyond?

Submitted: Monday, Jun 11, 2012 at 11:52
ThreadID: 96171 Views:1471 Replies:1 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Hi all,

Currently planning the family trip from Perth to Qld, Nsw, Vic and SA kicking off in at the end of August for 2 1/2 months or so and I have a delima. Intially my plan was to turn left at Port August and follow the Barrier Hwy up to Brisbane and then work our way down the coast back to SA however I am keen on showing the family some snow along the way and am now thinking of going right at Port Augusta and working our way UP the coast.

Not being from the eastern states I am keen to know what would be the best option for the time of the year August - November.

Thoughts?

Thanks

Jade
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Duncs - Monday, Jun 11, 2012 at 15:33

Monday, Jun 11, 2012 at 15:33
Jade,

If you want to see snow head across to the Vic and NSW Snowfields at the start of your trip. I have been dissapointed in the past chasing a similar plan.

When we left home there was heaps of snow but during the two days it took us to drive they had rain. When we got to the skifields it was all gone.

Generally it is better travelling in a clockwise direction around Aus. You get the prevailing winds at your back and this saves a bit of fuel.

If you go this way you will get cold weather then hot weather with not much warm in between. So when you are down south it will be cold and you can do all those fun things like rugging up to enjoy the mountains. Then when you get up north it will be hot and the beach etc will be more attractive.

I would go to Vic first.

Duncs

AnswerID: 488180

Sponsored Links