Karajini in October

hi guys

Thinking of going back to Karajini early October to do the gorges I missed last time we were there (always good to have an excuse to go back).
School hols but what can you do.
My question is has anyone visited at that time of year.
Research suggests average high temp 35 degrees, I was also wondering about the water levels in the gorges themselves.

Any advice appreciated.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Arsenal Phill - Tuesday, Jun 12, 2012 at 20:06

Tuesday, Jun 12, 2012 at 20:06
Hi Browny

We were at Karijini 2 Octobers ago. We had a great time. I can't tell you exactly what the temprature was, but it was comfortable. The water in the gorges was also excellent and we all enjoyed a swim. We went just after the school holidays if I remember so it wasn't too crowded. We travelled onto Millstream, which I actually preferred myself, although the other half was more drawn to the gorges at Karijini.

Hope you have a great trip.

Phill
AnswerID: 488308

Reply By: Member - pedro1 - Tuesday, Jun 12, 2012 at 20:41

Tuesday, Jun 12, 2012 at 20:41
I agree September /October is the best time for swimming, earlier in the
season the water is freezing ! .There is always plenty of water in the gorges
AnswerID: 488311

Reply By: Browny - Tuesday, Jun 12, 2012 at 21:00

Tuesday, Jun 12, 2012 at 21:00
Thanks for the info haven't been out that way at that time of year before it was May last time we were at Karajini and the water temp was good then also.

Millstream any advice there would also be appreciated as I may venture that way after Karajini . I have been to Millstream but it was 35 years ago so may be pine log country now ?..
AnswerID: 488312

Reply By: Kevin P - Friday, Jun 15, 2012 at 22:28

Friday, Jun 15, 2012 at 22:28
I work in the Pilbara out of Newman. It's Pleasent that time of year. But you need to drink water (Lots) the day before you get here to stop headaces. We do when returning from breaks (R&R)
AnswerID: 488597

Sponsored Links