HEMA 6 Price

i see on the classid=fieds here that the hema 6 newest version seems to be quite cheap? am i right?
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Stephen L (Clare SA) - Monday, Jun 18, 2012 at 21:02

Monday, Jun 18, 2012 at 21:02
Hi Kime

They have a recommended retail of $799, but depending on where you look they are selling from $690 to just over $700, depending who is selling them.

They are a fantastic unit and the bigger screen is the way to go. They now have a few more great user features that makes them even better.

Just one very satisfied customer.

Cheers

Stephen
Smile like a Crocodile

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 488853

Follow Up By: Sigmund - Wednesday, Jun 20, 2012 at 12:18

Wednesday, Jun 20, 2012 at 12:18
Care to elaborate Stephen?

I've been using a Garmin Nuvi with Garmin Topo Aus v. 2 and the map is a real disappointment. V3 may be better but otherwise the Garmin reliance on vector maps limits the choices as far as I can see.

Cheers from Birdsville, aptly named at the moment.
FollowupID: 764149

Follow Up By: Member - Stephen L (Clare SA) - Wednesday, Jun 20, 2012 at 14:35

Wednesday, Jun 20, 2012 at 14:35
Hi Sigmund

Firstly I have used the Garmin Topo Maps also in my Nuvi and in no way can you compare them with using OziExplorer on the Hema Navigators, it is just like chalk and cheese map quality and features.

Using the new HN6 is just like using you laptop computer in the car, but with the advantage on the moving map right in front of your face.

With the new HN6, you can record you track file, as you have been able to in the past, but import the track files directly onto you computer without using the SD card as was the norm with the older Navigators.

I could rave on all day, but if you are after a very simple to use, but very high quality product to use, the new HN6 is by far the best way to go.

Enjoy Birdsville, it is a top little spot and we never tire of visiting the town.

Cheers

Stephen

Smile like a Crocodile

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

FollowupID: 764155

Follow Up By: Sigmund - Thursday, Jun 21, 2012 at 07:36

Thursday, Jun 21, 2012 at 07:36
Thanks Stephen.

Will take a close look when back home. The missus heard me grumbling about the Garmin map and dropped hints about what Santa might do this Xmas with the aid of an elf.

Yep, we're really enjoying Birdsville. We have a CP site overlooking the billabong and the birdlife is amazing.

Also impressed with the effort the Diamantina shire has gone to with traveller info. and facilities.

Down the Track tomorrow. Have read your account of it and found it very helpful.
FollowupID: 764213

Sponsored Links