Erica to St Gwinnear directions....

Submitted: Tuesday, Jun 19, 2012 at 19:23
ThreadID: 96374 Views:1618 Replies:2 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Hi all!
Does anyone out there know of the roads from Erica to St Gwinnear in Victoria? From what I know, you take a left turn out of Erica and follow up the hill....don't really know much more. I am wanting to take the kids for a day trip. I would love to know how long it may take me, and what the roads are like.
Thanks in advance, Chris
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Robin Miller - Tuesday, Jun 19, 2012 at 20:30

Tuesday, Jun 19, 2012 at 20:30
Hi Chris

Its a long slow winding dirt road which goes right around the back of the mountain range, however at a junction you turn left to go up to Gwinear and the snow play area.

There is a road block and rangers office up there at a small car park with under cover area and toilets.

Well signed and at this time of year you may be required to fit your chains and pay a fee .
Robin Miller

My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 488950

Reply By: Teejay - Tuesday, Jun 19, 2012 at 20:36

Tuesday, Jun 19, 2012 at 20:36
Hi Chris,

if you come off the highway at Moe and up to Erica you'll drive straight through the middle of Erica. You can Hire Chains here. No turn required so go straight ahead out of town and straight through Parkers Corner on the Thompson Valley Road (Mt Saint Gwinear may even be signposted at this intersection).

You'll eventually make it to Mt Saint Gwinear Road which is a left. No snow since June 5th and currently no snow. 5cm at Baw Baw. How long it takes would depend on where you are coming from.

TJ..
AnswerID: 488951

Follow Up By: Teejay - Tuesday, Jun 19, 2012 at 20:46

Tuesday, Jun 19, 2012 at 20:46
Oh, and the Thompson Valley Road is sealed to the St Gwinear turn off, then it's as described above. As far as road conditions go they can change with one good downpour or downfall. You'd possibley allow 3 hours from Melbourne's East depending on the condition of the road and what you are driving. Be careful of black ice in the mornings past Erica when it's really cold.
FollowupID: 764103

Sponsored Links