Thargomindah to Quilpie QLD

Submitted: Thursday, Jun 21, 2012 at 11:56
ThreadID: 96400 Views:2743 Replies:1 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Gday...

I travelled from Cunnamulla through Eulo, Yowah, Toompine to Quilpie in 2010. Although the road was only about single lane it was sealed all the way despite the maps showing a fair bit of unsealed road from the Yowah/Eulo Road turoff to south of Toompine.

This year I am going out to Thargomindah and was then going to go straight up from Thargomindah to Quilpie.

I had heard the road north of Thargomindah to Toompine is now all sealed. Has anyone travelled it recently and confirm or otherwise?

Cheers - John
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Kevin S (QLD) - Thursday, Jun 21, 2012 at 19:12

Thursday, Jun 21, 2012 at 19:12
Hi John. At September last year there was a sealed section at the southern end followed by a section being prepared for sealing. From there until south of Toompine the road was dirt, gravel or sand but in good condition and well maintained. About 35 km south of Toompine, I think at the southern boundary of the Quilpie shire, the sealed road started again and continued right through to Quilpie. It is an easy drive. But I would expect that the unsealed road would quickly become impassable if there was much rain.
Cheers,
Kevin
Kevin
It is important to always maintain a sense of proportion

2019 Mitsubishi Cross

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 489102

Sponsored Links