BFG Mud Terrains KM V KM2

Submitted: Thursday, Jun 21, 2012 at 19:54
ThreadID: 96412 Views:1800 Replies:2 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
Just after opinions on the new model versus the old. Have used 3 sets of the old on cruiser ute while living in the NT. Desert crossings, Fraser Is & Cape York all worked faultlessly, with never a puncture.
Anyone had similar results with the KM2's, as they certainly have a different look. I wonder why BFG changed??

Cheers
Craig
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Darren & Janella (WA) - Thursday, Jun 21, 2012 at 21:00

Thursday, Jun 21, 2012 at 21:00
Hi Craig,

I've had a set of six km2's on my patrol now for about 45,000k's with no problems at all, some of that on a trip through the Kimberley towing a camper trailer. They seem to great in all terrains (no pun intended) with the appropriate pressures. They seem to be wearing well with no damage.

Cheers,
Darren
Bungle Bungle - The Kimberley

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 489112

Follow Up By: craigandej - Friday, Jun 22, 2012 at 18:51

Friday, Jun 22, 2012 at 18:51
Thanks for the feedback, was just a bit unsure as they dont look quite as aggressive as the old model.
Nice Camprite, we are considering one as we have 2 small kids now. Are they mozzy proof around the step/entry area?

Cheers Craig
FollowupID: 764321

Follow Up By: Member - Darren & Janella (WA) - Friday, Jun 22, 2012 at 19:07

Friday, Jun 22, 2012 at 19:07
No worries Craig. I think they based it on their Krawler tyre.

Unfortunately not our camper, but a hire. Are they mozzie proof? Ummm... no not really (Janella got bitten quite badly), but may have just been our hire one as the entry area is press studded and all the studs had been ripped out of the canvas panels, so had to make do with duct tape - haha. Also, where the mesh door zips down it does not seal, as it just sits against the step. I think it would be better using heavy duty velcro around these areas.

We also had a few gaps around the bedding area, but these could be easily sealed with some bigger flaps.

Apart from that a pretty good strong offroad camper trailer.

Cheers,
Darren
Bungle Bungle - The Kimberley

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

FollowupID: 764324

Reply By: jacent - Sunday, Jun 24, 2012 at 20:07

Sunday, Jun 24, 2012 at 20:07
I have a set of km2's, I live in the dessert, never had a puncture and no damage, I drive some feral tracks! I believe they look much more aggressive than the old model, very good on and off road not too noisy either! Go for it they are good!
AnswerID: 489331

Sponsored Links