Chiped Holden Rodeo 07 Common Rail 4JJI

Submitted: Thursday, Jun 28, 2012 at 17:21
ThreadID: 96550 Views:2904 Replies:3 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
I considered and studied a lot of Chips before I went ahead with my purchase for the Rodeo.

I just could not bring myself to part with $1495 for the DP Chip.

During the search I cam across this Chip Chip Express

120KW to 138KW on Factory recommended setting.

It's write up was very similar to the DP Chip with a return guarantee. I was able to pick it up for $395 Pounds with a 30 Pound express delivery. (Currently $688.38 delivered)

From Order to placement in the car was 10 days.

Very easy to fit once you find the sensor (easy to see from under the wheel arch)

Have not given the car a long run so will report back on the performance. But very noticeable was the low down torque. I was able to take off with a full load on a steep incline I was never able to do before without riding the clutch. Anyone who owns a rodeo will know that this is an issue. There is a noticeable difference with acceleration up a hill as well.

So far so good will keep you posted

Cheers Tony
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: member - mazcan - Thursday, Jun 28, 2012 at 23:26

Thursday, Jun 28, 2012 at 23:26
hi tonyfishso you got it from england but where was it made is german or some other origin???
will be looking forward to your coming reports down along the track
cheers
AnswerID: 489638

Follow Up By: Tonyfish#58 - Friday, Jun 29, 2012 at 19:42

Friday, Jun 29, 2012 at 19:42
I did not look where it was made, most likely all these are put together in China :-)

First long drive today, have not filled up yet,

Performance is very noticable. There is definitly a lot more touqe and acceleration. I was able to stay in top gear on hills I had to change down on before and cruised up steeper hills that used to be a bit of an effort.

Do not think fuel will be any better at this time will see when I fill up.

Will look when I get home to see if there is some manufacture details

Regards Tony
FollowupID: 764824

Reply By: Warren B - Friday, Jun 29, 2012 at 15:02

Friday, Jun 29, 2012 at 15:02
Hi Tony,
Please keep us posted. I am going to chip my 2011 Dmax, chip of choice at the moment is Steinbauer a mate has 3 vechiles chiped with them including a new Dmax all cover about 10,000k's a month, just waiting for more long term results to come. The more 1st hand info I get the better.

Cheers Warren
AnswerID: 489673

Follow Up By: Tonyfish#58 - Friday, Jun 29, 2012 at 19:46

Friday, Jun 29, 2012 at 19:46
Warren - I am sold at this time - Very noticable extra perfomance on Hill climbs,

Also sits at speed limit in the hills without effort. I am fully loaded with the tray back camper at this time.

Interestingly one of the hill climbs I di here with a full load usually puts the engine temp up as well. Today did it imn the same gear as usual with a lot more ease and not temp rise.

So should be as good as they say it is. Will keep posting on results

Regards Tony
FollowupID: 764825

Reply By: Tonyfish#58 - Monday, Jul 02, 2012 at 17:25

Monday, Jul 02, 2012 at 17:25
Done another 700k and can confirm that Torque and Performance are definitely improved.

I am able to hold top gear on hill climbs where I previously could not (Fully Loaded)

Acceleration is smooth & positive with top RPM reached with ease.

Cruising at the speed limit (110k) was effortless having to constantly back off as the rodeo just wanted to keep on going.

So far Fuel consumption was only 1ltr per 100k better then average. This will most likely be better after I stop enjoying the extra horses :-) or put the wife in the car (Whistle).

But heck 1ltr per 100k with extra grunt & torque....Well thumbs up from me and I recommend this product

Regards Tony
AnswerID: 489970

Sponsored Links