Good Oil for Townsville NISSAN...

Submitted: Tuesday, Jul 03, 2012 at 21:02
ThreadID: 96661 Views:2332 Replies:2 FollowUps:4
This Thread has been Archived
Yep... FULL MARKS to Townsville NISSAN...
Especially Michael Scott, Manager, and Fay Bragg, Service Advisor…
I took the Patrol there this morning to check out an under-bonnet squeak (only apparent on first start – mornings) I suspected belt / belt tensioner and even though they were fully booked and busy, the Manager and Fay organised for the patrol to be booked-in THERE AND THEN while we went shopping… Couple of hours later they got me on the mobile and we went back and they had done an inspection and testing… and had also done a general all-over inspection of the Patrol but found nothing… And there was NO CHARGE… And then Michael suggested we leave the vehicle overnight and they will start it in the morning and investigate any squeaks heard…How’s that for SERVICE..??
Manager Michael is a Top Bloke and Fay was so lovely to us… Would recommend Townsville NISSAN to everyone – no hesitations…
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Rockape - Tuesday, Jul 03, 2012 at 21:12

Tuesday, Jul 03, 2012 at 21:12
Mate,
nice to hear a good story for a change. Guess Townsville Nissan is still the old Parry Nissan or have they chained hands.

God one you for posting the positive side of life.
AnswerID: 490085

Follow Up By: Jedo_03 - Tuesday, Jul 03, 2012 at 21:48

Tuesday, Jul 03, 2012 at 21:48
Yep indeed, Rockape...
Business still operating as PARRY NISSAN...
They also have the Suzuki franchise...
www.parrynissan.com.au
(07) 4726 2626
Freecall 1800 079 944
Long-Long time since I experience superb service like this...
FollowupID: 765273

Reply By: Ross M - Tuesday, Jul 03, 2012 at 23:14

Tuesday, Jul 03, 2012 at 23:14
Jedo_03

The real issue has been overlooked.
Although they smiled at you and kept the vehicle overnight, apparently you are now none the wiser as to what is causing the squeak. So nothing was done and nothing found.
I think you award full marks very freely. And the squeak goes on.
AnswerID: 490089

Follow Up By: Member - Toyocrusa (NSW) - Wednesday, Jul 04, 2012 at 06:47

Wednesday, Jul 04, 2012 at 06:47
It is quite often the case that a noise/squeak will not appear when the customer presents a car. I had the same experience recently with a V6 Magna rattle only when cold but very intermittant. After getting the car in twice overnight and no noise I ended up getting the owner to video it on his smart phone. Turned out to be an intermittant rattle in the timing belt tensioner so some times you can't blame the mechanic for not diagnosing. Cheers,Bob.
FollowupID: 765285

Follow Up By: Kimba10 - Wednesday, Jul 04, 2012 at 17:35

Wednesday, Jul 04, 2012 at 17:35
Well considering it was only yesterday he put the vehicle in to get it checked, and we don't know wether he actually left it in there or not, and Jedo hasn't been back on here as of last night, we wouldnt have a clue Ross wether it was fixed or not yet ??...........I think some dealer ships when they do the right thing deserve a good plug. Ok they didn't find any thing yesterday but they could have charged Jedo for the time which they didn't, and we will have to wait and see what the outcome is when he does leave it for an over night stay.................
FollowupID: 765335

Follow Up By: Jedo_03 - Wednesday, Jul 04, 2012 at 23:02

Wednesday, Jul 04, 2012 at 23:02
Ahh... Ross...
Depends whether your glass is half-full or half-empty Mate...
Been a Long...LONG time since I experienced such friendly, unreserved service that we found at Parry Nissan (Townsville)...
Yes... We left the Patrol overnight... and got the phone call at 10am...
Nothing Found...
The Manager (Michael Scott) PERSONALLY started the vehicle - AND took it for a drive... But no squeak/click heard...
HOWEVER... they DID spot that one of my Brake lights was out - and replaced that...
I have to fully agree with Kimba, et al, and give FULL MARKS to Townsville Parry Nissan for GREAT Customer Service...
It wasn't "their" fault if the squeak wasn't squeaking...
FollowupID: 765383

Sponsored Links