Farina to Roxby Downs via Mulgaria Station

Submitted: Thursday, Jul 05, 2012 at 22:35
ThreadID: 96693 Views:2845 Replies:3 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
This is A follow up to thread 95360.

Well we are now on our way to do the Simpson. But as mentioned I was keen to visit the track over the top of Lake Torrens on the way.

Well a couple of days ago we got to do it. I contacted the owners as some of you suggested and they confirmed that the track is open. Track took the best part of a day to complete (from Farina to Roxby Downs). While it had some minor challenges it wasn't all that tough, but was heaps of fun.

The trek was a pleasure from the perspective of the different terrain and landscapes that we got to enjoy. I would highly recommend it.

Some parts reminded me of the western end of the Simpson. So it was a good warm up as well.

Regards

Geoff
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Josh- Thursday, Jul 05, 2012 at 23:12

Thursday, Jul 05, 2012 at 23:12
I love that part of the world. Did you go to Andamooka and fossik for opal?? It is a good drive through there. There is actually quite a bit to look at when you really look hard.

Josh
AnswerID: 490212

Reply By: Member - John and Val - Friday, Jul 06, 2012 at 09:21

Friday, Jul 06, 2012 at 09:21
Would agree that the Mulgaria run is a good drive with plenty of interest along the way. We did it about this time last year, and ended up spending a night on the track after having a bit of an adventure in a big wash-out. Only saw one other group of vehicles between Farina and Andamooka, so it feels like you are quite remote.

We thought at the time it would be a good run for anyone unsure about doing the big desert runs as there is a bit of everything, just on a smaller scale. We wrote a blog about it here

Cheers,

Val
J and V
"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted."
- Albert Einstein

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 490225

Reply By: Member - mechpete - Friday, Jul 06, 2012 at 09:56

Friday, Jul 06, 2012 at 09:56
hi ,
a group of firends an myself did that same track many years ago
and its a very nice , not difficult drive , lots to see ,
Mechpete
AnswerID: 490231

Sponsored Links