Adelaide to Uluru

Submitted: Wednesday, Jul 11, 2012 at 10:09
ThreadID: 96803 Views:1458 Replies:2 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
I am planning a trip Brisbane-Adelaide-Kangaroo Island-Adelaide-Alice Springs.
On the route Adelaide-Alice Springs-Uluru, counting 2 weeks round trip (sort of, can be longer) what wise advises could you give me?, like where to stop and camp, what to do besides balloon and heli flights, places that "must" be visited, video footage that must be done.....
Thanks in advance, every comment helps...
Carlo

Note: Jeep Patriot+Cub Weekender
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Min (NSW) - Wednesday, Jul 11, 2012 at 11:42

Wednesday, Jul 11, 2012 at 11:42
Hi Carlo,

Three places spring to mind immediately.

Call in to Port Augusta for the beautiful Arid Lands Botanic Gardens to see magnificent native flowers growing from the red soil.

Coober Pedy is interesting - see the underground homes and churches and the strange landscape covered in pyramids of earth from the opal mines. We enjoyed the half-day tour on our first visit and it covered a great deal including the Breakaways.

North of Coober Pedy is the Painted Desert - bush camp or stay at Arckaringa. See Trek Notes on this site.

Just three of dozens of places to see.

Have fun,

AnswerID: 490641

Reply By: Member - Broodie H3 - Wednesday, Jul 11, 2012 at 13:52

Wednesday, Jul 11, 2012 at 13:52
What are you towing caravan or camper trailer,if you are towing a caravan, instead of going up the highway go up through the Flinders rangers, and have a look at lake Eyre, and surrounding country, great drive fantastic scenery, and good camping areas we went from Marree to William creek and across to Coober Pedy towing a 23' Roadstar caravan, let the tyres down on the van and the car and had no hassle or break downs.
Broodie H3
Broodie H3
Have car will travel

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 490647

Follow Up By: ferrarofilms - Wednesday, Jul 11, 2012 at 15:53

Wednesday, Jul 11, 2012 at 15:53
I am towing a Cub camper trailer (750 Kg full loaded)
FollowupID: 766016

Follow Up By: Member - Broodie H3 - Wednesday, Jul 11, 2012 at 16:03

Wednesday, Jul 11, 2012 at 16:03
then I would definitely go up the Flinders ranges, Lyndhurst, Marree, William creek, do the flight over lake Eyre, and then into Coober Pedy. have a great trip, we did. 5 days for a quick look as time was precious
broodie H3
Broodie H3
Have car will travel

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Position  Send Message

FollowupID: 766018

Sponsored Links