4WD Parks

Submitted: Monday, Jan 12, 2004 at 12:45
ThreadID: 9682 Views:1347 Replies:3 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
We've heard from many friends and others about Landcruiser Park, but we were wondering if anyone has been to either Levuka or Rover Park, and what they were like???All my friends have Nissans
I'm the rose amongst the thorns
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: SupaMav - Monday, Jan 12, 2004 at 14:54

Monday, Jan 12, 2004 at 14:54
Steve,
I've been to Levuka a couple of times. It is a pretty nice place but the tracks are fairly simple - unless it rains, then they are diabolical. There is a small test track and a "Play Pen". They couple who run it are pretty nice too. Dunno about Rover Park.
Dan.
AnswerID: 42672

Reply By: John from River City 4WD Club Inc. - Monday, Jan 12, 2004 at 18:02

Monday, Jan 12, 2004 at 18:02
Steve
Rover Park is also run by a nice couple. Not a lot of tracks (hard to beat Landcruiser Park for tracks) but if you get sick of exploring the park, you can explore the surrounding State Forests. Nothing extreme, if that's what you're into, but certainly some testing tracks. Nice camping spots. About 10 designated areas with pit toilets. Main site has flushing toilets and hot showers. Anyway, you've probably looked them up on the web. Certainly not as green as Levuka and gets know where near the same rainfall. Was a little dusty at Christmas. Not too many parks still open these days, so you can't knock the ones still out there.
AnswerID: 42694

Reply By: Dave from Fraser Coast 4WD Club - Monday, Jan 12, 2004 at 22:53

Monday, Jan 12, 2004 at 22:53
Bit further away but I can thoroughly recommend Manar Park, I've been going there for years, and it's always got some new surprises.

Manar
AnswerID: 42747

Sponsored Links