Otways National Park

Submitted: Saturday, Jul 14, 2012 at 12:06
ThreadID: 96865 Views:1431 Replies:4 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
I am looking for some local knowledge on a quiet / nice camping spot in the Otways National Park close to the good walking trails. We are self sufficient, with Jayco Eagle outback and VW Amarok. Thinking of next school holidays, hopefully not to busy.

Thanks

Alex
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Judy and Laurie - Saturday, Jul 14, 2012 at 17:45

Saturday, Jul 14, 2012 at 17:45
Hi Alex , we were there a couple of years ago and came across a very small caravan park in a small town called Forrest in the Otway National park, it was close to a lot of things like the Otway Fly which is a tree top walk, a lovely day we spent there and another day we went to the Cape Otway Lighthouse . Look out for the Koalas on the way to the lighthouse. The van park was clean and very friendly and we were there in january and wasn't busy at all , hope you enjoy your time in the otways, we did.

cheers Laurie and Judy
AnswerID: 490947

Reply By: Nomad Navara - Saturday, Jul 14, 2012 at 20:33

Saturday, Jul 14, 2012 at 20:33
Second the Forrest caravan park. a fantastic base to start any thing in the Otways.
AnswerID: 490955

Reply By: Member - Rod D (VIC) - Saturday, Jul 14, 2012 at 21:29

Saturday, Jul 14, 2012 at 21:29
I havent stayed there, I live in Geelong so I do day trips to the Otways
But Ive really liked the look of Blanket Bay as somewhere to spend a weekend

Its not far from Cape Otway lighthouse and there are a lot of koalas in the area.

It might get busy during school holidays as there are limited camping places.
AnswerID: 490962

Reply By: Bonz (Vic) - Saturday, Jul 14, 2012 at 22:54

Saturday, Jul 14, 2012 at 22:54
Hi Alex, Gellibrand Caravan Park is a great park too, and they let you have fires there also. Just down the road from walking trails and the Otway Fly too.
Time is an illusion produced by the passage of history

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 490976

Sponsored Links