Roads Bourke, Hungerford, Eulo etc

Submitted: Sunday, Jul 15, 2012 at 13:53
ThreadID: 96886 Views:5136 Replies:3 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Hi
We are heading north next Friday through Bourke, Hungerford to Currawinya NP, then through to Hughenden, Muttaburra,to Cobbold Gorge and Undera. Lot of rain in these places recently and just wondering what this means for Currawinya and Bindigolly? National Park. RACQ says some roads are closed (Hungerford-Eulo) but no mention on access to Currawinya NP or other attractions. I see from an earlier post that Bourke and Cobar were very busy last week as people presumably could not get off the bitumen. Any comments on what current conditions are like in SW QLD appreciated.
cheers
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Kevin S (QLD) - Sunday, Jul 15, 2012 at 18:48

Sunday, Jul 15, 2012 at 18:48
The Paroo River floods the road just north of Hungerford but south of Currawinya NP so the park is often accessible from the north but not from the south. You could come up from Bourke to Cunnamulla and go to Currawinya via Eulo and probably get there. The road is normally in quite good condition but may have tyre tracks after rain.
Check the park itself at WWW.derm.gov.au. You can check all Queensland national parks on that web site.
Cheers,
Kevin
Kevin
It is important to always maintain a sense of proportion

2019 Mitsubishi Cross

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 491036

Reply By: Member - Justin O (QLD) - Sunday, Jul 15, 2012 at 21:30

Sunday, Jul 15, 2012 at 21:30
No rises on Paroo according to BOM river monitoring at Caiwarro gauge in the northern part of Currawinya. Check out Park Alerts at www.nprsr.qld.gov.au for information on the National Parks. No current warning for Currawinya or Lake Bindegolly. The latter in right on the bitumen so wont have any troubles there. Hungerford or Eulo Pubs would be able to give you up to date info on the roads. Happy traveling!
AnswerID: 491051

Reply By: Member - eighty matey - Monday, Jul 16, 2012 at 14:59

Monday, Jul 16, 2012 at 14:59
G'day,

use this link
for road conditions in the Bourke Shire.

Last week the bitumen was open but the dirt roads were closed. It looks like most roads are open this week.

For the Qld side I use http://roadconditions.lbs.racq.com.au/static/report/highload.html# (copy and paste it). This ays Eulo to Hungerford is open. This was closed last week.

Hoo roo,
Steve
AnswerID: 491081

Sponsored Links