Help wanted for Anderson Plug on D40 Navara

Submitted: Wednesday, Jul 18, 2012 at 19:12
ThreadID: 96955 Views:6649 Replies:4 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
I am looking for some help and maybe some pics to show how to do some Camper Charging wiring in a D40 Navara. The ute belongs to a mate and I haven't had a lot to do with them.

He is wanting a Anderson plug on the rear to charge camper batteries and either an Anderson plug or merit plug in the tub to power a fridge. There isn't a tray liner in the tub so not sure how to get power into the tray and from the bonnet to the rear area.

I am the electrician of the two so he has asked for my help. Just need info on routing etc.

Thanks in advance.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - nick b - Wednesday, Jul 18, 2012 at 22:26

Wednesday, Jul 18, 2012 at 22:26
auto elec help from thread 86274

http://www.exploroz.com/Vehicle/Electrics/BatteryCharging.aspx

Hubble80 : try these links from EO site also try searching , there has been a lot of this stuff on the forum .

cheers nick
Cheers Nick b

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 491221

Follow Up By: Member - nick b - Wednesday, Jul 18, 2012 at 22:33

Wednesday, Jul 18, 2012 at 22:33
also forgot , make sure you fuse both ends of you battery cable connections , battery A from battery B ..... a big mistake some make !!!!!

cheers
Cheers Nick b

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

FollowupID: 766687

Reply By: Nomadic Navara - Thursday, Jul 19, 2012 at 00:29

Thursday, Jul 19, 2012 at 00:29
The mob that wired my D40 ran the cables from the battery to the tow bar through relays. The relays were mounted on the LHS of the vehicle just beside the top of the radiator. I have separate feeds for the fridge and battery charging in my van. The wiring was run from the battery to the relays behind the header tank of the radiator. From the relays the cable is routed down to the chassis and is secured to the LH chassis rail down to the back. It is in flexible conduit, the black split stuff available from SuperCheap. My D40 is the pensioners pack with no chrome bumper bar so I have added an ARB protection step. The 12 pin trailer plug is mounted on the skirt to the RHS of the hitch receiver socket.

Regarding the Merit connector - I noted today there was a black insert in the front of the tub a couple of hundred millimetres above the floor on the RHS. I did not investigate how flexible it is, it may be a grommet that you can pierce and use for access for the cables.

PeterD
Retired radio and electronics technician

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 491224

Reply By: Member - Bucky - Thursday, Jul 19, 2012 at 04:31

Thursday, Jul 19, 2012 at 04:31
Hubble 80

I used to own a D22, and did a lot of spotlighting foxes from the back.
I brought wires from the battery thru the tub, near the top right corner.
To stop everything from rubbing thru', I run the wires thru' clear plastic tubing, and siliconed the whole lot in.
I put my plug in the lip of the tub, and found just enuf room to fit it in all neat, into a waterproof plug.

Simple and very effective.

Cheers
Bucky
AnswerID: 491225

Reply By: Member - Daryl N (NSW) - Thursday, Jul 19, 2012 at 22:07

Thursday, Jul 19, 2012 at 22:07
ARB wired a cable and Anderson plug into the tray of my D40 on the front righthand side whcih charges 2nd battery which runs the fridge. I also have 2 power outlets one each side of the tailgate which connect to the second battery
AnswerID: 491264

Sponsored Links